Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Lizame: First and last on the Triumph.

Carnival Triumph 2
Lizame
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

First and last on the Triumph.

Sail Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Galveston

I am a first time cruiser. My husband has cruised many times years ago. This was a 60th birthday cruise for me. Embarkation and Disembarkation was fast easy, not a lot of time spent in line.

FOOD: We dined in the London Dining room - very nice. Buffet was not that great. Rubbery, no taste. Always the same menu.

Cruise Director was good........but, boy did she love to hear her own voice! I'm a Brit myself but listening to this Liverpool lass made me want to jump overboard. We listened in on the Q&A on the Sea Day between her and Stephen...every time someone asked Stephen a question......she would answer, she wouldn't let the poor guy a word in edgeways!

Cozumel was fun. Good Tourist shopping. Progresso? Nothing there of any interest! Looked in on a few shows and they were positively boring, and we have a good sense of humour and love a good show, but not on the Triumph. Balcony cabin on the Panorama Deck was good except that when we booked it was not More disclosed to us that the gym was directly above. Treadmill was being used at 6am and at 10pm.....very, very, annoying!! Staff were brilliant, kind, always smiling and vey helpful. Cabin steward was superb. Ship really needs an overhaul though. Even though I am a first time cruiser it doesn't take a genius to see that the Triumph should soon be sailing into a salvage yard. Will cruise again but most definitely not on the Triumph! Less

Published 06/05/14

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: 1006

Do not stay in this room. It is directly underneath the gym and very, very noisy. Treadmill was in use A LOT and it sounded as though the ceiling was about to cave in!

Port was fun for shopping. Taxis were readily available.

Read 3436 Cozumel Reviews

4 miles by bus from the port to town and then not much at all. Had heard many. many reports Progresso was not worth stopping for. Glad we stayed at the dock and had a beer!

Read 305 Progreso Reviews