Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by zorba03: Leaves a lot to be desired.

zorba03
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Bahamas Cruises

Leaves a lot to be desired.

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

This was my first cruise and although I had a good time, I wouldn't recommend this ship or the ports.

Although I had a good time, there is a lot to be desired with this experience.

First off, it is an older, smaller boat, so it definitely lacks the feel of an upscale experience. It is clean, but the age of the ship makes it feel like it just will never be quite clean enough.

The service was just okay. The staff was just there and didn't seem very interested in having any role in the guests enjoyment. They were there, and they were pleasant enough, but nothing great. They also did a very poor job of busing the tables. People would leave plates or cups on their tables and they would stay there for far too long. You would look for a place to sit and would have to push aside dirty dishes. I felt like they could have done a LOT better job in this department.

My husband had a medical issue and we found the staff to be less than helpful. We basically had More to pay an astronomical fee to see an after hours Dr. (the medical center is open 5 hours of the day and is closed for the day at 6 (there is one Doctor and three Nurses for 2600 passengers). When I was finally able to speak with a Nurse she wasn't overly helpful. We were in a scary situation and felt as though the staff did nothing to help us.

My vision of a cruise was that there was non-stop great food. I was shocked and disappointed in how limited the buffet selection was and felt the food to be average at best. We dined in the dining room nightly, and more often than not, the food was luke warm and very average. Often we would go to check out the buffet and it was flat shut down.

Before we left, I had read one review that referred to this ship as the Walmart on the Water. That stuck with me, and I will say that it was fairly accurate. Nothing to do with the passengers, but the overall presentation of the experience felt a little low buck. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>