Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by clcarranza: A Perfect First Cruise Experience!

clcarranza
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Canada & New England Cruises

A Perfect First Cruise Experience!

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Los Angeles

My husband and I, being of more mature years, yet newlyweds of 1 1/2 years had never been on a cruise together and he had never been on one at all. We did not know what to expect and I was skeptical about small quarters and confined space. But the second we entered our stateroom those concerns quickly vanished! The room was quite spacious and very well-appointed with a huge mirror at the headboard of the bed that made the space seem even bigger. It is MUCH more roomy than it looks on the NCL website! AND, we had a huge window which my husband loved! He spent almost ALL the time in the room looking out that window. We were fortunate to have the land-side of the boat for all ports and it was lovely to be able to see our approach & take pictures from our room. Beyond that we were delighted with the food. Spending extra to dine at Le Bistro was SO worth it - we ate there twice. Although it was busy we did not have trouble getting reservations. The cuisine was divine! I especially More recommend the Fruits de Mer! Lobster, shrimp on twin puff pastries with a delectable cream chive sauce! MMMMMmmmmmm! You will never have anything like it again!

Now, as for our cabin steward, Jack - WHAT A JEWEL!! He was excellent - always bringing us more towels, a mattress crate for my comfort, ice...whatever we requested was there in a flash! I had only one disappointing incident on the cruise. We sent some laundry to be washed on a special rate. Everything was returned to us except my brand new, ultra expensive swim suit! I didn't realize it was missing until I started packing on the final night. I called Jack who took all the particulars and started searching for it. Soon the Laundry Master was at my door only to tell me that they had searched everywhere and were extremely sorry but it was not found. I would have to go to guest services to submit a claim. I was devastated! Jack could hear me from the hall and he took it to heart, I am sure. Once they left I broke into tears and had to release the whole thing but I was seriously saddened to lose the new swimsuit. Before long there was another knock on the door. Jack had not given up! Someone had just returned the suit to the laundry and he had discovered it & brought it up right away!! I was SO OVERJOYED! I think I even kissed him. He really did the save the day & the whole trip for me. I know I would have left with a much different feeling about NCL if it hadn't been for Jack! I hope you get Jack when you travel NCL! Other than that, my only complaints were that the pool was filled with freezing ocean water & we couldn't get in. Also I think they need to work on better entertainment. Overall, for our first cruise experience - IT WAS EXCELLENT! Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sun 9211

The room was awesome - spacious - with a huge window. There were plenty of cubbies to place our items. The luggage stowed easily below the bed! It was GREAT! Even the bathroom, as small as it was turned out to be ample for us with lots of storage spaces for bathroom accoutrement! The "Kronos 2000" hairdryer was a bit of a joke - more like a personal fan. Be sure to request a "real" hairdryer from guest services.