Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by mar214: Splendor -- just splendid!

mar214
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Splendor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Splendor -- just splendid!

Sail Date: April 2014
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My husband and I are Carnival Platinum cruisers. Our recent cruise on the Splendor reinforces our feeling that Carnival is where we belong.

Our stateroom was kept immaculate by the best steward in the world… Francisco. He came by to greet us shortly after we boarded and after that, went out of his way to keep our cabin well-stocked and picture perfect. We were happy to stop and chat with him every time we saw him.

Dinner in the Gold Pearl Restaurant was the highlight for us every day. We enjoyed each and every meal – perfectly prepared and expertly served. Our wait staff “Dream Team” led by Maros, kept us happy and entertained. We also got to know Pablo the Maitre d’ and Hostess Natalya. I would encourage you to say hello when you meet. Very nice and warm people.

We even watched the clock for lunchtime every day! Too many choices and not enough time (or room!). We decided to put the Mongolian Wok and the Grille in regular More rotation. Pizza was the late afternoon snack. I am still thinking about that pizza every day at 4:30 PM while sitting at my desk at work.

We have heard that the other cruise lines are offering fewer choices in the Main Dining Room, therefore “encouraging” you to pay extra to dine in their other venues. You will not find this to be the case on the Splendor. However, if you would like to treat yourself to a fabulous and special dining experience, by all means have dinner at the Pinnacle Steak House. Don’t forget to save room for desert – good luck choosing between the cheesecake, homemade ice creams or the dessert sampler. This is truly a gourmet meal.

The entertainment staff is fabulous. We know Malcolm Burn the Cruise Director from previous cruises. He gets funnier each time we see him – the stand-up routine he performed at the “Returning Cruisers” party was the best ever. Give that man a microphone and there is no stopping him! His staff is hilarious as well. Where they get their energy from, we have no idea.

On the ship there are too many activities from which to choose. We had to set aside “relaxation time” to catch up on our Kindle reading. Whatever you like to do, the Splendor has it! And watch out for those loungers in the Serenity area. So comfortable, I dare you not to nap!!

The ports we visited were exactly where we wanted to go. The pool at Grand Turk is wonderful. And I agree with the sign at Half Moon Cay: I wish I could stay here forever! Nassau has whatever you like – beach, pools, shopping and tourist adventure. Take your pick. We had a great time at all three of our stops.

We have sailed a number of different cruise lines. We sail Carnival because feel like members of the family. We make friends with other cruisers every time we sail. We truly believe that at the end of your cruise you will say, “That was our best cruise ever!” We know, because that is what we say after each of our Carnival cruises!

We can’t wait until we cruise again! Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>