Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by pebbbles

Member Name: pebbbles
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Harwich
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
See More About: Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Vision of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Vision of the Seas Deck Plans
Horrible Cabin Issues

This was only our second cruise. We cruised with RCCL on Mariner of the Seas and had a lovely experience (except for horrible buffet food). After this cruise on Vision of the Seas, I swore I'd never cruise again. Nonetheless, I have booked a cruise with HAL to Alaska in a few months and I hope to have a better experience.

The dining room food and service was excellent. The little are near the inside pool that serves food twice a day was also quite good. However, the food in the was buffet mostly inedible. The evening shows were mediocre-poor, with exception to the Jersey Boys-esque show which was great!! I had a gel manicure done on the ship which began to peel off within two hours. And they charged me an additional fee to remove the existing gel. This fee was never quoted to me when booking the appt, nor was it on the fee schedule.

The main problem was our room and the cocky attitude towards the problem we received by the staff.

Our room smelled like a combination of mildew and urine for more than half of our cruise. This was due to a plumbing problem apparently. What really angered me was that several people on board had heard that this was an ongoing problem and not an isolated incident.

We were given a $260 voucher each to use within one year for another cruise for the inconvenience. There was not a chance that I would ever cruise with the line again....unless it was for a fare that was too good to refuse. I would have liked to have at least received a partial refund, but I suppose RCCL doesn't care much for their customers. Hopefully, using a higher class cruiseline will give us a better experience in Alaska.

I must say that our cabin crew was amazing. Ms Mendez was one of the most charming and pleasant people I've ever met and her service really made a difference.

The itinerary was fabulous, loved every minute off ship. But this itinerary can be found on other lines.

Sorry RCCL, you've lost two customers.

Publication Date: 06/05/14
More Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Vision of the Seas review Read the next Vision of the Seas review

More Vision of the Seas Reviews