Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Two 2 Tango: The good the bad and the ugly

Two 2 Tango
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Adventure of the Seas Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises

The good the bad and the ugly

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Southampton

Firstly let me give a big thanks to our waiting staff Romel and Nicole as I know they are going to read this, also thanks to James our steward all of whom did an excellent job.

The embarkation was very quick but we had priority boarding so not sure how it was for others. once on board I noticed that the Union Flag was upside down (ship in distress) so I told one of the officers who did not know there was a right and wrong way, he did phone the bridge and it was taken down. I know it may sound pedantic but it is a serious maritime mistake and also an insult to the country they are in. I am sure there would be complaints if the American flag was upside down in Miami.

I will start with the condition of the ship, it has been in for a refit, but I think they must have done another ship as it looks very shabby in places. everywhere seems over crowded and finding a space to sit in the evenings is a joke, people are running out of the theatre before the show ended just to More bag a place, so all the row had to stand up while they passed.

Food in the main was OK but had a bad meal one night when I was served a stone cold curry, this was sent back but returned in the same condition so gave up and picked another dish but by that time everyone on the table had eaten their meal and had to wait for me to eat before the next course could be served. I would not advise the baked alaska it was just a bowl of ice cream with wet egg white singed with a blow torch. But no complaints about the waiting staff service and how they entertained us.

The cabin was a Junior suite and it was large and comfortable with lots of storage space. I just wish they would give more perks with a JS because in the main all you get is a bigger balcony cabin.

We found no problems getting a sunbed on the few sunny days we had but we are not ones for being next to the pool. We never ventured into the Jacuzzi because it was always full of children and in these days were parents are worried about child safety (don't need to spell this out) it feel very uncomfortable as an adult to be in such close proximity as children in opaque water.

Evenings were a problem with the minority of children running unsupervised, though this is down to bad parenting skills RCI could supervise this to ensure adults get the same adult time in the evening as kids get kid time during the day. Though in the main most of the children were well behaved it seemed to be the same few causing mayhem. It was dangerous to dance on the dance floor with small children running between your legs, even on some occasions running on the stage while the bands were on. We had one small child who was jumping up and down all the steps in the theatre when the guest act (magician) was performing, bump bump bump.Do these people not realise that we don't find their children entertaining just because they are their precious little darlings who can't do wrong. We are seasoned cruisers and have sailed with RCI many times but it looks like standards have dropped to all inclusive holiday camp standards, the main comment I heard was it's like Pontins on sea (for non UK Pontins is a low class holiday camp)

Disembarkation was fairly smooth though junior suites are not classed as a suite for priority, finding the luggage in Southampton terminal was a joke because they were not in the same numbered area as the tag number. Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Adventure of the Seas 9330

Large, lots of storage space, walk in wardrobe, bath and shower. Also comes with tea/coffee, kettle and coffee machine. It is just missing a few special perks and touches to justify the suite catagory.