Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by paradiseforus: First & Last Cruise- Horrible

paradiseforus
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas Alaska Cruises

First & Last Cruise- Horrible

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

It was recommended by my travel agent to book RCCL as we are in our 30's and RCCL supposedly has younger passengers. This was our first cruise. Wow, what a circus it was getting on and off the boat each time. The boat is in bad shape, and doesn't appear to have had a makeover since it was built in the 90's. Walls were stained and peeling, water dripping from ceilings, frequently the smell of sewage, artwork held together with scotch tape. Many passengers spoke of getting sick on the boat, and there was a big push to wash your hands, but the boat itself was filthy, sticky, and tons of passengers coughing and hacking at all times. My stateroom, a more expensive balcony room was disgusting. There was hair and dust everywhere; what looked to be a pubic hair on the nightstand.

The other passengers were a mixture of people 60+, and foreigners. The foreigners had their own cultural norms they were following and seemed very rude. They were often pass out drunk. I was physically More shoved several times by people wanting me out of the way for better views. Coming back to my room one day around noon was a naked Philippine man lying in the hallway. The older people expected the boat to be a floating senior center. It was impossible to sit alone with my husband and enjoy each other, as within minutes an older stranger would sit down and yack my ear off. All the activities and music on the ship was geared towards the elderly. Bingo and outdated trivia being popular. The food in the main dining room was good, but service was slow and a meal would take 2 hours. The food in the windjammer buffet was gross, crowded, and the place smelled bad. Every time I ordered room service they gave me an incorrect order.

The worst was the rude staff at guest services. I was double billed for my excursion, and guest services said they couldn't do anything so I had to call my credit card for fraudulent charges. Overall, I felt the ship was horrible, everything felt like a big sales pitch for my money, and being nickel and dimed. I liked alaska but it would have been better to just fly there. Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Rhapsody of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Rhapsody of the Seas 7036

Dirty, stained walls, no toiletries, no clock anywhere, aging 90's decor.