“Not quite the same”

dragonmerlin
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This is my third cruise on Celebrity and always felt that I could recommend this line. Now I am not that sure.  It was a pleasant cruise but we did have problems, some minor some not.

The Good.

The Captain and other officers. Very funny and friendly.

The Stewards and other staff. Very good, took care of issues quickly and polite.

The not so good

The food really varied. We had room service breakfast everyday. Always earlier than requested and always missing something on the tray. Except for the next to the last day- early but perfect. Buffet for lunch. I liked the little dishes. The food was the right temperature though they did mess up the descriptions from time to time. They need to bus the tables more frequently. Main dinning room food was okay. Some things great some poor.The last time I was on Celebrity I though almost everything was great. Normandie was very good.

The bad

Toilet in room needed to be fixed twice. I also found two public toilets broken.

Sheets on bed were dirty and worn. We called house keeping when we found a yellow stain on the bedding. When they came to put new bedding down they found another stain. Eventually we got clean bedding.

Overall I have to say that when there were problems they were resolved. they just should have not happened in the first place. There were some other minor issues that I would normally overlook but they just added up to a less than special cruise we expected and had before.

I was trying to talk my girlfriend into going on her first cruise next year. I don't think I would recommend Celebrity based on this experience.

Celebrity Summit Cruises to Bermuda
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8148
nice sized room and verandah. Plenty of storage room. Beautiful view of King's Wharf and sunsets.Mostly quiet except for doors slamming in the morning.
Published 06/04/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Summit Review
Celebrity Summit Cruises to Bermuda
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?