Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by cruzinjr

Cabin Category: D1
        7-9 5.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean
This was our very first cruise, and although it had some ups & downs, it was definitely an experience. The ship is huge, but fairly laid out. Although having a restroom in each of the bars and restaurants instead of in the main corridors would've been nice. Embark: Not as bad as I thought it would be, fairly fast. Food: I thought the food was delicious. Especially Chops (husband didn't like the long dining experience), Dining room service was wonderful as was the food. Windjammer only attended for breakfast and a few lunches, but good selection, now if only the food would stay hot! Bars: My faves were Bull & Bear Pub and On Air, mostly because the bartenders Juan & Roger -BB; Melvin & Raul OA) were awesome! Crypt was nice, but by the time I got there, it was a younger crowd, and I was exhausted from the day's activities. Pools: Were not overly crowded, abundance of chairs, you just had to look! Of course on the last day, some woman plopped herself down in my hubby's chair while I slept and was pretty set on staying there. (I let it go, I'm on vacation!) Flowrider was great, only tried it once stand up & once boogie board. Should have been practicing all week, but waited until the last day! Kids Clubs: My 8 yo was barely seen this vacation. She loves these places and even bypassed the magician to stay in the club. Cabin: We had a D1 Sup Balcony and would've only been happier in a suite. The bedding was dreamy! We never really unpacked our luggage, just used the sofa table as a luggage caddy, and hung a few things in the closet. Labadee: It's a little piece of heaven! ALthough I felt after the price we paid for everything else, the waterpark could have been free for the kids. But the beaches were beautiful, plenty to do (or not do!) BBQ lunch was very nice. Entertainment: The shows were all great, top notch performances. Excursions: RCI offers many different excursions, but I booked mine privately. Better value, lots of individual attention. Disembark: We changed our own tags at guest relations and spent a little more time on the ship, although they stated mini golf would be open until 10am, we found that whole deck to be roped off. So just walked around taking pictures that we had missed. Getting off was also fairly quick. Overall, I feel this was a nice first cruise, but there are alot of "extra" costs that you don't find when doing an "all inclusive." It may be awhile before we cruise again (especially since I have to pay off my credit card due to my bar bill!) I met some great people and had fun.

Publication Date: 02/13/07