Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Dave's Girl: Perfect Vacation

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Perfect Vacation

Sail Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was my 7th cruise overall and 6th with Carnival. I kind of took of break from cruising, with my last cruise being in 2010. I received a postcard from Carnival in January inviting me to "sail free" and my best friend and I decided to take them up on their offer! We each paid $108 in port fees to reserve our room. We were in room 4198 aft which was an inside obstructed view room. It was good enough for me as we had French doors that let the sun in and it was extremely roomy for two.

Two other girlfriends decided to join us on the cruise and we were chauffered to the port by one of the husbands. I have sailed out of Miami, New York, and Port Canaveral and must say that Baltimore has the best embarkation process of these. We pulled up to the drop off line and the porters immediately took our luggage and we were off to board the ship. This was a pretty painless effort as we were on the ship within an hour of arriving at 11:45 am.

Of all the Carnival ships I have More sailed on (Triumph, Legend, Valor, Dream), the Pride's decor is by far the worst of all. I can seen where people could be offended by the naked pictures everywhere, however, didn't bother us one bit but we did find the decor to be "boring" compared to other Carnival ships.

I have noticed over the years of sailing with Carnival, that some amenities have gone away but certainly not the service. Our dining room staff was probably one of the best I've ever had. Any time we had to encounter any staff, they were always polite and courteous.

The food was once again fantastic and one of the reasons why I continue to sail with Carnival. Something is wrong with you if you cruise with Carnival and can't find any food that you like.

We had glorious weather. I'm usually a summer cruiser and was a little worried about maybe having cool weather on the first day and last day at sea. However, this is not the case at all. It was actually hot on both days!

Our stops were Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport. Having been to Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay before, we just hung out at the beach and Margaritaville and soaked up the sun. In Freeport, we took the $10 roundtrip taxi to Port Lucaya Marketplace. That's a port where now that I've seen it, I don't think I would ever do it again. If you like to shop, it's OK, but I would have rather went to the beach.

We did go to the first "Vegas style" show and thought the entertainers were awful. Of course, that's probably why they are on a cruise ship and not in Vegas! We also went to the deck party, but that was pretty subdued compared to other cruises I've been on. We spent a lot of time in the casino in the evenings. If you are going on this cruise to gamble and win money, forget it. The casino is about the tightest one I've ever seen. But it was vacation after all, and we lost what we could afford.

We did self-assist debarkation and were off the ship by 10:30 am where another husband was waiting to pick us up!

Overall, we had a great, relaxing "girls" vacation. Would I cruise again with Carnival out of Baltimore? Absolutely! We have even talked about making this an annual girls vacation! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Interior Main 4198

The room was perfect for two. The French doors let the sun in and the room was comfortable. It was in the perfect location for navigating the ship.