“Fantastic Fantasia”

davymcb
Member Since 2014
No Forum Posts
Overall Member Rating

Having read the reviews about this company and ship myself and my wife were worried, but from the embarkation our fears were unfounded. I really do not understand what some people are saying about the cruise, I even read one from a person who was on the same cruise and they have complained about the children running around, there were very few children on this cruise, you could have counted them with little trouble. The staff were amazing, the food incredible, the ship out of this world anyone who chooses to sail with this ship will have a brilliant time so don't believe the reviews. So why the poor reviews, well I took note of them before I went and can only come to these conclusions, some people want a home from home experience, Blackpool with sun, they don't want to experience different food, different cultures, different languages or a different way of life. You will get all this on the fantasia, I do not understand why people arrive in Greece and expect everyone to speak English, does everyone in England speak Greek?

Getting off and on the boat was never a problem, maybe because we waited until all the tours had left then walked off at our leisure, finding a seat in the buffet was simple, either just walk to the back of the buffet, which had a beautiful view or be prepared to seat beside someone, you didn't have to talk to them if you didn't want too!

MSC Fantasia Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

11215
Very spacious, surprised we had a seating area and a bigger shower room than some hotels we have stayed in.

Although we got off ship and took train tour around Piraeus, it was too hot and noisey for us, back to ship to rest up. Other people was to gate of port and took tour bus to Athens only 10euro.

Port

A surprising little town, you can walk very easily into the old town, prices are very reasonable after the expense of Venice.

Read 133 Bari Reviews
Port

A surprise to me, it is a lovely town, had to take port shuttle because it was a 30min walk and it was 30c so worth the 12 euro each. Lovely around the old town and reasonably priced shops and coffee bars.

Read 434 Corfu Reviews
Port

Again you need to take a shuttle bus it is a bit of a walk from the port into the old town, but what a wonderful place, only complaint, we only had a half day, it was Saturday, and there was thousands of people, overcrowded, would loved to go at night when all day trippers left.

Didn't take the tour to Olympia had been there before, but if you are into ruins, museums the tours are cheaper when you get off the boat, again just walking to the lovely seaside resort, about 10 euro for a tour.

Port

What a beautiful place, a must see, take the cable car to top and enjoy a coffee in a taverna over looking the port. Tip, don't rush down to get tender, avoid the que, have a leisurely breakfast and step on to tender with no crowd.

Port

A beautiful place but very expensive, bring a packed lunch if you can. Take the river bus down grand canal, you will get great pictures and a better view than walking the narrow streets.

Read 937 Venice Reviews
Published 06/04/14
Read Cruise Critic’s MSC Fantasia Review
MSC Fantasia Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?