Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by DoctorG

Member Name: DoctorG
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Moldy and stuffy

This was my 19th cruise - my first on Cunard and my last. The ship was full of mold - the dining rooms and photo galleries smelled of backed up sewage. There is so much hype and it did not live up to it - don;t waste your money - stick to Royal Caribbean and NCL.

The pursers desk was staffed by stuffy, rude people who were constantly making mistakes. The ship's crew had the attitude that we were there to accommodate to them. When I mentioned my concerns and the dramatic differences from my other cruise experiences, the answer was always this is an ocean liner, not a cruise ship - I have no idea what that means except that ocean liners are full of mold (stained damp carpets everywhere) and have sewage problems. My room steward was lovely, but I have never had anything but great room stewards. The entertainment was awful and really lacking. There was not much to do on the ship, The internet staff were rude and unhelpful. All this dress up business was a joke - to wear a long gown and tuxedo to eat in a room that stunk to high heavens!!

The first night they told everyone to go the rear of the ship for a fireworks show which took place off the front of the ship.

The food was bland and boring. Over done veggies and very few choices.

I feel like Cunard should give our money back - this was a terrible, terrible ship.

Publication Date: 06/04/14