Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Icantthinkofone: Wonderful Time !!

Icantthinkofone
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Time !!

Sail Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Other

When we boarded at Canaveral the queues were huge but surprisingly fast moving .

First stop The Windjammer , how anybody can complain about this bufffet restaurant is beyond me ,there is so much to choose from that really you are spoilt for choice .

The Carvings on the countertops were fantastic this time especially "Jesus" I thought it the best I have ever seen .

Leonardos , what can I say but " Excellent " the food was amazing and I succumbed to two starters and main courses most nights !! Thankfully we had good company and we all met up every night without fail some from USA some UK and others Ireland .Masterlove Karan from Mauritius was our waiter and he was great fun .

Maxine our room attendant was most accomodating and thankfully only put two Towel animals in our room , we went on a trip without our sunglasses then we realised where they were , hanging on the monkey above the bed , we searched everywhere hahahaha.

We didnt like the More comedian too much but then us English dont really get American humour !

Ice show was wonderful .

Karaoke booths, great if you can get them to work we found ourselves running from one booth to the other .

Salsa class, great fun well it was for us !!

The lady on the piano I cant remember her name but she was amazing she could sing and play just about everything .

I attended my first Platinum soiree! and loved that too , so nice to have recognition and to also have my lapel pin ,not that I will wear it , but I shall keep it till I get to Diamond !!

Labadee was nice lovely beach and amazing pottery I came back with a case full of it .

Jamaica , we did the express trip ,again great learnt so much including KFC means keep from kooking /kleaning so the tour guide said .Dunns falls everyone who is fit must never miss the chance to do this and buy the dvd we got two for $35 , it was a great experience .

Cayman Islands, whilst my pal went snorkeling , which she didnt really like , she was told to hold a stingrays and it terrified her . I went shopping and found a little corner grocers shop in the backstreets that had such an array of goods, I came back with a bag of that too !

Cozumel ,, now that was an experience , we hired a cab for $50 and the chap took us all around the Island ,we lazed in hammocks admired the beaches and then we were taken to Coconuts !!! a lovely bar set in the hill overlooking the beach , we made the mistake of opening the photograph albums on the bar the owner approached us and I asked Why ? he said come on girls the bar is called Coconuts and gestured to our chests , he then offered a free tequila for showing our coconuts !!! we laughed so much ,but we declined the offer.

The only down side for us for the whole cruise was the weather, on the two cruising days it was so windy and the sea rather rough at times .

All in all a great trip fantastic food, and company . Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas 6671

Not huge, for two women and a too many clothes, but cozy and not claustrophobic as people sometimes think , once the cases are under the beds its fine .