Carnival Dream Cruise Review by SailerBarbie: The Carnival Dream is more like a Carnival Nightmare

SailerBarbie
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

The Carnival Dream is more like a Carnival Nightmare

Sail Date: May 2014
Embarkation: New Orleans

The Carnival Dream is more like a Carnival Nightmare. My family of five has been on six cruises, and this one is definitely one of our least favorites. First of all, on the lido deck, when you are laying poolside you have to listen to depressing country music being played all day. I have nothing against country music, however on a vacation I would appreciate a more “happier” upbeat music (like Caribbean music on a Caribbean cruise??!!!) rather than music that makes me want to put a bullet to my head or jump overboard.

Secondly, the entertainment was severely lacking. The cruise director, Hennie, hardly ever had anything planned to do during the day, and when he did there was no information about it. For example, we knew from previous cruises that there are tryouts for the guests to be apart of the show on the last day. You try out on one of the karaoke nights. Hardly anyone knew about this, so some of the spots weren’t even filled, or they were filled with More crappy singers since only one person tried out.

Third, The buffet seemed to always be closed at the convenient times. For example, if you wanted to go to one of the shows, the buffet would be closed when you got out.

Lastly, something that is very SAD is that the “little people” don’t get paid much at all. I’m sure the Cruise Director (who does nothing) gets paid a lot, however the waiters, and room stewards ONLY get the gratitude. I was talking with one of the people cleaning tables near the buffet, and he said that some days he doesn’t even get to eat because he has to work so much. They have to throw away our over-indulgent scraps when they are starving because they are not allowed to eat off of the buffet. And there was a girl crying in the back because not all the customers paid enough gratitude so she won’t even get a paycheck. Carnival is certainly taking advantage of these people, and it’s cruel. For an America company, they should have a little bit more respect, but apparently labor laws don’t apply in international waters. In my opinion, I think they are being treated like modern day slaves.

Would I go on the Carnival Dream again? Definitely NOT! Less