Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by pattiek

Member Name: pattiek
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sun Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sun Deck Plans
Disappointing Cruise

I booked 4 cabins - 3 cabins had never cruised before so all my comments are for me and my husband as we have cruised 5 other times on 2 other lines.

Our trip started with us walking into our room and finding the linens had not been changed from the last people just straightened. The bathroon had hair all over it, I found beads on the floor and all the windows and mirrors had fingerprints. We called for housekeeping and a supervisor came up and had it cleaned up.

We looked at their All you can drink program - $49.00 per day and you have to buy your own cup . I brought 5 seniors and 2 people - in different cabins wanted to soda program and they would not sell to them because everyone in the cabin had to buy it as well - except we spoke to a couple from Alabama and he bought the card but she did not have to, so a little inconsistant. I only have 2 other lines to compare to, but the customer service on the Sun was horrible. We dealt with so many people who would not smile or even say hello when we ordered a drink. The friendliest was our house keeper Maxy - he was pleasent - did not change the sheets everyday, but pleasent. The food on the whole ship was ok - not the caliber in the evening dining room as I am used to on other lines but good. I do understand that this is a cruise to Alaska and the clientelle is usually older so they may not be as adventerous with the dining - so I will say it wa good. Entertainment was very good.

The ship is very dated - it has not been updated in a while - the hair blowers in the cabins are boxes on the wall behind you with a 1 1/2 inch hose that blows a gentle breeze - as long as you do not strangle yourself or get a hand cramp from holding it. The walls are dented and scraped up along with the furniture. There is no mass buffet towards the end - they had a chololate dessert night at evening supper and in the buffet area.

Over all the cruise itinery was awesome but the Sun was disappointing. I am a home based travel agent and would not book clients on the Sun until the modernize their ship and improve customer service.

Publication Date: 06/03/14
Read the Alaska ports review by pattiek
More Norwegian Sun Cruise Reviews