Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Gregory329: Great Ship

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Transatlantic Cruises

Great Ship

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Transatlantic

Interior cabin was about the same size as other cruise lines and ships. The dressing bar was very well planned and provided adequate space for cosmetic products. However, if you aren't a person who can keep the dresser tidy, you'll have a hard time finding space for 2nd day announcement/souvenirs and "stuff" your spouse just can't part with. The shower and toilet are in separate nooks on either side of the cabin entrance. There is a privacy curtain between the bath, toilet and the cabin proper. For some, that's a good use of space providing more overall cabin space. Some people like that "clink" sound that comes with a solid door and bathroom privacy - not available on the Norwegian Epic. The cabin provided good space and ambience for an interior cabin - a good thing.

Ship - There lots of people on a ship this size - LOTS! I was able to find some common deck privacy in the early hours of the morning before people came walking by throwing down "towels and books" on lounges More they never intended to occupy. American cruisers are among the most thoughtless folks on the high seas in my opinion. The athletic areas - spa, sport area etc are all really good. I thought that the gym machine area was very well equipped with the latest gadgets and weights. I didn't find it too crowded. For me the casino just was too much. Just too many machines, tables and SMOKE. You couldn't really go anywhere inside the ship by common deck without getting a snoot full of smoke. On the positive side, cruisers who gamble, smoke, and don't exercise won't be around much longer. I liked the various entertainment venues, but still had a hankering for the "big show" each night. BUT - the entertainment was great and well presented in all venues. Well done Norwegian.

Crew - I thought the crew did a great job of making my vacation relaxing and a joy from day one to the day I took my bag off the ship.

Activities - there aren't a lot of ports on a transatlantic cruise, that's not why we're on the ship. However, there were lots of things to do for almost every person on board. Including finding that cherished private space to share with just 10-20 fellow passengers.

Food - just as good as any other cruise ship.

Personally, I'm going to avoid this ship - 1. Too many passengers, 2. no place to just relax. 3. I like my privacy in the toilet and that "clink" the door makes. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>