Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by RoePost: NICE SHIP...BUT MANY DISAPPOINTMENTS

RoePost
Member Since 2001

Dining Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Getaway Eastern Caribbean Cruises

NICE SHIP...BUT MANY DISAPPOINTMENTS

Sail Date: May 2014

We sailed on the Getaway on May 17 in a mid ship balcony. We are experienced cruisers with almost 30 cruises under our belt, including Princess..Royal Caribbean, Carnival, one other cruise on NCL, and in fact we boarded the Getaway as we disembarked from the MSC Divina. I have posted a review of the Divina in the proper place, if anyone is interested.

The cabin was great...lots of room, very comfortable and lots of storage space. Cant say the same about the pool deck; Not a very large pool for this size ship and it felt very crowded...There was no pool up at the Spice Deck where one would have helped the congestion.

Lots of places to generate revenue, with many food venues...we tried a few and didnt find them to be anything special...certainly acceptable, but not special. The main dining room menus are almost the same every night with the exception of a few items they add...(most of which are not popular dishes). It feels like NCL is forcing you to go to their More specialty restaurants Found ourselves using the buffet quite a bit...ice cream was terrific in the buffet.;..There was a good amount of options for food and deserts at the buffet.

My biggest gripe with this ship is the Atrium....this is where they have decided to hold all the games like Newlywed, Battle of the Sexes, etc. There is not hardly enough room for everyone to come and see these games and they bring in FOLDING CHAIRS for the overflow....This is ridiculous...why not use the Theatre...Many elderly and not so elderly people are forced to sit on uncomfortable chairs and squeeze in like sardines. Not my idea of a fun night.

The entertainment is good....not spectacular. .The Illusionarium was terrific, but again an extra fee. Burn the floor was entertaining...and Legally Blonde was a good production. The comedians were not really funny....no one was rolling in the aisles.

I noticed that I spent more on this ship than usual and that is because of all the "extras"

Won't comment on the ports...been to them many times and only got off to do a little shopping.

The crew was very friendly and great service everywhere..

In summary,,,it wasn't my favorite cruise...but it wasn't awful...just not what we are used to..I am sure there were plenty of people who had a great time..and to be truthful we did enjoy ourselves.. Less

Read more Norwegian Getaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Getaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Getaway 10856

Cabins have plenty of storage and are quite comfortable.