Eurodam Cruise Review by FLSuep: Disappointed with Holland America

Disappointed with Holland America

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

All I have ever heard is how great Holland America is. Well it looks like I hit the wrong ship or just the wrong time. Don't get me wrong many things were great and I still had a wonderful vacation traveling with a group of friends. Main problems were the dinning room and the food. Out of the 16 nights in the dining room I ate 12 meals. I can't think of one night everything was good. If it wasn't cold soup it was cold entree. The pasta never came hot. They never came around with pepper or cheese. Had to beg for more water. We had a table of 8. Was this the problem? Don't know. Princess handled us with a table for 12 and it was wonderful. I have also been on many RCL cruises with large groups that never posed a problem.

The other major complaint was dirty restrooms. This should never happen. It was the second leg of our back to back cruises that this occurred. Nasty!!!

How about evening entertainment being a movie "The Secret Life of Walter Middy". Give me a break. More The other night’s entertainment not special. Each leg of the cruise had movie night. I can stay home and watch movies or stay in the room. TERRIBLE. Two production shows were good one was only fair. Guest singer was on both legs and that would have been fine if she changed her act. Same jokes and mostly same songs. Ho hum.... give me RCL's entertainment any day.

Here comes another issue. They kept trying to convince you to go specialty restaurant by bugging when you were trying to eat breakfast or lunch. I hated this and one time really snapped at the girl. I did apologize as I know it only her job. Not a good policy.

On a good note, the ship was clean and they made every attempt to keep it that way. The buffet upstairs was excellent. Also, I found they were very organized on shore excursions and we had excellent ones. Mostly the staff was friendly and we had a excellent room and room Stewart. Our Great cruise director as was also excellent. Less

Published 06/03/14

1 Helpful Vote

Read more Eurodam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Eurodam Review >>

Compare Prices on Eurodam Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: 4174

Great room.

Olympia Archeological Tour

This is a must see. We were lucky excellent weather and great guide.

Best of the Best. This is a must see, don't miss this if you go to this port. GREAT guide.

Read 227 Ephesus Reviews

City Tour

Gotta love it here.

Amalfi Coast

Wow... this is also a must. Just wish our day had been nice the whole time. Got some clouds and rain in the afternoon.

Beautiful and a must. Great lunch and fun shopping.

Read 105 Sorrento Reviews

Had been here before so did the Hop on Hop off bus right near where the ship docked. Do it!

Read 324 Rhodes Reviews

Island Tour

Great place to visit, must take a tour and see as much as you can. Had been here before so did the Island tour. Guide was good.

Compare Prices on Eurodam Mediterranean Cruises

Member Since 2009
5 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X