Eurodam Cruise Review by FLSuep

Member Name: FLSuep
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Mediterranean
See More About: Eurodam Cruise Reviews | Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Cabins Not Rated

Ship Facts: Eurodam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Eurodam Deck Plans
Disappointed with Holland America

All I have ever heard is how great Holland America is. Well it looks like I hit the wrong ship or just the wrong time. Don't get me wrong many things were great and I still had a wonderful vacation traveling with a group of friends. Main problems were the dinning room and the food. Out of the 16 nights in the dining room I ate 12 meals. I can't think of one night everything was good. If it wasn't cold soup it was cold entree. The pasta never came hot. They never came around with pepper or cheese. Had to beg for more water. We had a table of 8. Was this the problem? Don't know. Princess handled us with a table for 12 and it was wonderful. I have also been on many RCL cruises with large groups that never posed a problem.

The other major complaint was dirty restrooms. This should never happen. It was the second leg of our back to back cruises that this occurred. Nasty!!!

How about evening entertainment being a movie "The Secret Life of Walter Middy". Give me a break. The other night’s entertainment not special. Each leg of the cruise had movie night. I can stay home and watch movies or stay in the room. TERRIBLE. Two production shows were good one was only fair. Guest singer was on both legs and that would have been fine if she changed her act. Same jokes and mostly same songs. Ho hum.... give me RCL's entertainment any day.

Here comes another issue. They kept trying to convince you to go specialty restaurant by bugging when you were trying to eat breakfast or lunch. I hated this and one time really snapped at the girl. I did apologize as I know it only her job. Not a good policy.

On a good note, the ship was clean and they made every attempt to keep it that way. The buffet upstairs was excellent. Also, I found they were very organized on shore excursions and we had excellent ones. Mostly the staff was friendly and we had a excellent room and room Stewart. Our Great cruise director as was also excellent.

Publication Date: 06/03/14