Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Bodster: Great Week on the Dream

Great Week on the Dream

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Palma de Mallorca

We have never had a holiday onboard a cruise ship so I cant compare to any other ships and I am not going to try, but I will give an honest review for a ‘1st time cruiser’.

The reason for choosing the Thomson Dream was for the Itinerary, flight from a local airport and the reviews on here. We chose to do the Mediterranean medley from the 17th to the 24th of May.

Transfer from Palma airport to the ship was slick and hassle free, check in was swift and we were soon given our cabin, travelling with our 2 sons (age 4 and 7) we booked an outside plus cabin. We were given a cabin on deck 5, 5136. Clean, spacious and an excellent cabin steward named ‘Jaya’. He must have worked so hard as our cabin was always spotless and he was great with the kids.

First impressions of the ship was good. Its spacious with some nice public areas. We particularly liked the Argo lounge and oceans bar. Drink prices were good, but to be honest I didn’t More drink much as I wanted to be up early to see the next port. 1st holiday I have ever had where I got up earlier than I do for work!

Now where this holiday did really impress me was for the staff, they are all so friendly and the work they do they are always smiling, all of them seemed to love the kids, remembering their names as well as mine and my partners.

We ate in the Orion restaurant, almost all the time, great food and amazing service. Maybe I went at the wrong times but the buffets always had queues and seating space seemed limited. Nothing wrong with the food though.

Didn’t do any excursions as we done the sights ourselves but getting on and off the ship was easy and hassle free. My eldest son even got to drive the tender boat (he steered anyway) briefly coming back from Rapello, he loved this and I know he will never forget it. Didn’t have any trouble with sun beds when onboard either.

We also done the bridge tour, Captain John came out to sign the kids club autograph books of my sons and we took his picture with them, he was great.

As to kids club, there wasn’t many kids onboard but Caroline and Sarah was brilliant and my 2 loved kids club, we had to persuade them to come with us on our day trips!

We all enjoyed the formal night, it was fun getting dressed up. Didn’t do any shows and the entertainment was not really our thing but it all looked well organised.

We had an amazing week on the Dream, ok she may not be as big and new as other ships, but for the money I paid I could of stayed all inclusive in some hotel and went to the beach everyday but instead I spent a week on a fantastic ship, with friendly people, amazing staff and spent time in some great places. I now know I can’t do another ‘normal’ holiday. We are already looking at where we are going next year and on which ship. Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Dream 5136

Clean, quiet and plenty of space. Everything worked.