Westerdam Cruise Review by Snyder_man

Member Name: Snyder_man
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Westerdam Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Westerdam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Westerdam Deck Plans
First Cruise - HAL to Alaska

Recently returned from our Alaska vacation on the Westerdam. I didn't really know what to expect having never been on a cruise before. The service was excellent. Everyone was so friendly. Saying hello, good morning. That was really a nice touch. I was kind of afraid I might get sea sick. All I needed was some sea bands on my wrists. Never had to break out any of the meds. The ship really was pretty stable. The ship is in pretty good shape for 10 years old. Things are a little worn but not much. Our favorite thing to do on ship was to go up to te observation (explorer's lounge) after dinner and get a coffee and sit in those supper comfortable chairs and look out over the bow. Great view from there. Nice music in the background and the decor of an upscale library. Very relaxing. Another fun thing to do is grab a chair by the pool and enjoy a drink while all the folks spash around in the pool and play ping pong. That's always enteraining.

Meal time was a treat. Service was great. We bought wine with dinner and what we didn't finish the first night they held over for us the next night. $32 a bottle wasn't bad. I liked everything I tried on the menu. Presentation of the meal was top notch.

The only thing that I could think to compain about might be the long line to register but with so many people getting on board I don't know how they would do it any differently.

We done Holland!