Westerdam Cruise Review by Snyder_man: First Cruise - HAL to Alaska

First Cruise - HAL to Alaska

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Recently returned from our Alaska vacation on the Westerdam. I didn't really know what to expect having never been on a cruise before. The service was excellent. Everyone was so friendly. Saying hello, good morning. That was really a nice touch. I was kind of afraid I might get sea sick. All I needed was some sea bands on my wrists. Never had to break out any of the meds. The ship really was pretty stable. The ship is in pretty good shape for 10 years old. Things are a little worn but not much. Our favorite thing to do on ship was to go up to te observation (explorer's lounge) after dinner and get a coffee and sit in those supper comfortable chairs and look out over the bow. Great view from there. Nice music in the background and the decor of an upscale library. Very relaxing. Another fun thing to do is grab a chair by the pool and enjoy a drink while all the folks spash around in the pool and play ping pong. That's always enteraining.

Meal time was a treat. Service was More great. We bought wine with dinner and what we didn't finish the first night they held over for us the next night. $32 a bottle wasn't bad. I liked everything I tried on the menu. Presentation of the meal was top notch.

The only thing that I could think to compain about might be the long line to register but with so many people getting on board I don't know how they would do it any differently.

We done Holland! Less

Published 06/03/14

Read more Westerdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Westerdam Review >>

Compare Prices on Westerdam Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: 5058

The cabin was pretty nice. Good comfortable bed. Small tub if you need to take one. The balcony was great. Saw whales, birds, a bear and the glacier all from our balcony. Well worth the price. The only downer was the wall paper was taped in one spot and frig was already full of stuff so had to do some arranging, but no problems everthing was clean and worked well.

Snyder_man
Member Since 2014
4 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X