Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by rsusieq

Norwegian Getaway
Norwegian Getaway
Member Name: rsusieq
Cruise Date: May 2014
See More About: Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Public Rooms Not Rated
Cabins Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Norwegian Getaway Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Getaway Deck Plans
Mediocre at best & They Nickel and Dime you to Death!

Just got back from a cruise on the Getaway. We celebrated a big birthday for me. Booked a mini suite for my husband and me. And, a single for our son. Spent $2,000 more for our cabin. It was exactly the same size as our son's cabin. Except, we had a balcony. It only fit 2 small chairs and a tiny table. What a waste!

I asked the cabin steward for a bar of soap and a bottle of shampoo, since my husband doesn't like the liquids stocked in the shower. I was told that they only supply those items to suite occupants. When I told her we were in a mini suite, she said that mini suites are just regular cabins, not suites! Really!

Then, Norwegian advertises 28 or 29 places to eat. Really. How about the fact that at least 9 of them charge EXTRA. Per person, Cagney's $30. La Cucina $15. Le Bistro $20. Ocean Blue $49! Tepp[anyaki $25. Shanghai's A La Carte. Wasabi A La Carte. And, $5 to have a crappy pizza delivered.

And, the food in the free dining areas...I cannot decide if the buffets remind me of public high school cafeteria or the army. Unappealing, unappetizing, and generally boring.

The free main dining rooms are beautiful. The menus are not! It is really sad to look at a cruise lunch or dinner menu and then have to choose the item is dislike the least!

The only good thing is that I did not gain weight!

I am going back to Royal Caribbean. Perfect for a multi-generational cruise. Unfortunately, there I will gain weight.

Publication Date: 06/03/14
More Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Norwegian Getaway review Read the next Norwegian Getaway review

Cruise Critic's Norwegian Getaway Review