Disney Dream Cruise Review by SeaisforMe: Golly, I Love Disney Cruise Line!

SeaisforMe
Member Since 2014

Cabin Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Golly, I Love Disney Cruise Line!

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I could sit and gush about my cruise all day long. I drank a big old cup of the Mouse's Kool Aide. The ship is gorgeous. I love the classic decor with the Disney accents throughout. It's tastefully and creatively done, not like The Disney Store exploded. And everything is extremely clean, well kept and in working order. Almost as if it is the maiden voyage.

Our stateroom, category V, was comfortable for two adults and two teens. We are forever spoiled by sailing in a concierge category. The concierges took care of everything, I mean everything we needed. Stapler, extra chairs for our veranda, how to use the Wave phone. We enjoyed the lounge and all that it offered throughout the day. A nice respite from the crowds.

Crowded. Yes indeed. If you think you are going to find an empty lounge chair next to the pool at 1pm, you are wrong. Get there early or close to dinner. Or lower your expectations. There are a ton of chairs all over the decks. Don't think you can swim in More the pools. You might get a quick dip to cool off. The Aqua Duck is a good time. Better to do that than squeeze in the kid soup they call a pool.

We aren't show people. We did enjoy the adult only nightclubs. The kids loved the Edge, the tween club. They'd be there all day long if we didn't make them come to dinner, then they'd ditch us again when they were done eating.

Not a fan of the Nassau. Considering that and the cruise cost, you better believe we stayed on the ship. Less crowded and more pleasant in my opinion. Now Castaway Cay, the Disney island, is fantastic! Plenty of activities, clean and safe. My only beef is that you can only get food from 11-1.You're out of luck if you feel peckish any other time.

Food in the MDRs. Eh. It's not any worse than if I went to a hotel for a 200 person sit down dinner. It's more imaginative than chicken or steak, if anything. I'm not hard to please, though. I've eaten at some of the country's best restaurants and the ship's preparation is nowhere near that level. But I did not expect it to be. The dining room staff could not have worked harder to make us happy. This was true of each and every cast member on this ship. And that is what you are paying for. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>