MSC Divina Cruise Review by RoePost: THE DIVINA WAS DIVINE

Member Since 2001

Compare Prices on MSC Divina Western Caribbean Cruises

THE DIVINA WAS DIVINE

Sail Date: May 2014

This is my review of our week on the MSC DIVINA, May 10, Western Caribbean.

I wont speak about any of the port activities because been in the Caribbean enough times that we in decided to just relax onboard this beautiful vessel.....we are experienced cruisers with almost 30 cruises under our belt.. We are elite on Princess but also have sailed with Royal Caribbean, Carnival and NCL.

To begin with,,embarking is quick and easy 10 minutes from start to finish..had embarking number 17 and we were on board by noon. They advise that cabins are not ready till 2 PM but we made our way up to our cabin on deck 9 (Minerva deck) and lo and behold our mid ship balcony cabin was ready..we dropped off our carry on and proceeded to check out the buffet area.

Cant say enough about the buffet on this ship.......very large...it continues all the way back where you can find different offerings So be sure to check it all out before making any decisions...the pasta station is More awesome..as is all the pizza offerings...the deserts are plentiful, but some look better than they taste. Hamburgers and hot dogs premade but really terrific and good tasting.....all the fixings area available.....

Our mid ship balcony was sufficient..however the drawer space is absurd...the drawers are so tiny you cannot fit your clothing in them...look like they are meant for baby clothes..BTW I am not a large person and could not fold any tops small enough to fit into the drawers without wrinkling them...even under clothing was a tough fit...very insufficient and my biggest gripe about this ship..and maybe my only gripe... Balcony size is sufficient for two..but a little small...no problem for us..

The food in the dining room and the buffet and everywhere Round the ship is pretty god..som,e she's better than others....but on the whole, pretty good..no complaints ..although I heard some passengers complain that the food was not hot enough..I found it to my liking every time...coffee is very strong and I needed to water it down to be able to tolerate it...

The Internet service is good.pretty fast for a ship connection...1 purchased 100 minutes for $45...worth it for me...

Just a note for you men...none of the public restrooms have urinals...a strange sight to most men....just thought would let you guys know... The ship is immaculate and with so much glass and mirrors around public areas, I never saw a fingerprint....pretty impressive..

The entertainment might be the best I have encountered on a ship...I would sail MSC again just for their nightly shows...all talented and trained voices and dancers...shows are terrific..don't miss one...they have plenty of activities to keep you busy..this turned out to be a baseball cruise and 4 former players held games and contests each day...well done and lots of fun if you are a baseball fan...we are.....and we won the baseball trivia challenge...our prize was an autographed MSC cap...... Loved it.

No passenger art option me like not so welded , or battle of the sexes, etc. I think there are too many languages spoken on board and that may be why no games are played...some triva during the afternoons... Met some nice people on board....but encountered lots of non English speaking passengers and crew..sometimes it was difficult to communicate your needs to the crew.

MSC still experiencing growing pains..especially In the service are, not for lack of trying...I am positive that as they spend more time around Americans and the Caribbean they will become better adapted to our way of cruising....would not hesitate to cruise with them again..

Don't hesitate to give it a try we did and had a great time! Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>