Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Cruisecajun2014

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Cruisecajun2014
Carnival Fantasy
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Penthouse Suite 2-Wow, what an experience!

If you EVER have the opportunity to travel in a Penthouse Suite, I encourage to find a way to do so. Wow, what an experience. We had booked a Grand Suite, which we have previously enjoyed and then got a call regarding this amazing upgrade. Yes, it's pricey, but we were 3 couples, multiple generations, traveling & celebrating a grandchild's college graduation. Each couple had their own room, but this suite became our gathering space. We (six of us) enjoyed sunrises on the large private balcony as room service was delivered at 6:00 am. Coffee & juices, bagels, fruit, and cereals, as we visited in our plush white bath robes. We enjoyed sunsets on the balcony and in the living room with wine & champagne we had brought with us. After shows in the evening, we played cards and games at the large table in the beautiful mirrored dining area. Again, we ordered room service for late night sandwiches and snacks. We felt like kings and queens. We could stay in touch with all the activities on the LIDO deck. Yes, the music was a little loud some times, but that just let us know when it was time to join the fun. When we were alone, my husband and I enjoyed the plush bedding, the view from the master suite, and the enormous bathroom, including a whirlpool tub. I had brought along my favorite bubble bath and at night treated my self to bubbles gently rocking with the motion of the boat. Now some info about parts of this experience.

Embarkation and disembarkation were NOT fun. We realize that Charleston is still a new port and they are fighting resistance from some of the locals so the facilities are somewhat make-shift, but leaving the ship was way too complicated. It took over 2 hrs. and that is unacceptable. The food on board included all the usual Carnival fare and the servers in the dining room were wonderfully fun and attentive as always. The staff is always cleaning and the boat was sparkling. I attended the sea-day tea and it was quiet nice. I would recommend that they include a few more savory items, but the sweets were beautiful and tasty. We also participated in the Military gathering, as my husband is retired from the Army. This is a nice touch & we enjoyed "bumping" into the people we had met as the cruise continued. If anyone says there's NOTHING to DO, they must be hiding in their cabin, because there are lots of activities. You just have to get out of your cabin and mingle. We enjoyed watching the kids on the big waterslide and appreciated the quiet of the Serenity Deck. I could go on and on, but I think you know by now, that we 6 adults had a wonderful cruise.

Publication Date: 06/01/14