“Where do I begin?”
Cruise review of MSC Opera

mozart0404 MSC Opera 2 Where do I begin?
mozart0404
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I was so looking forward to this little break but it went wrong from the beginning. First thing was embarkation. When we arrived I was taken aback that they was a little queue. Was given the number 1 and found a couple of seats. I knew we were in for a little wait as they had just called the number 10 ,ended up waiting nearly 2 hours. When they got to number 20, I think they realised how late it was and just called everyone up so all that waiting was for nothing. We had arrived around half past one and didn't get on the ship until 3.30. While we were walking to the ship , I noticed people with their life jackets going to their muster station.We just had time to dump our hand luggage in the room and go to our muster station. We took the emergency drill card with us but it was not even taken therefore resulting with us receiving a letter saying that we had not attended the muster . I went down to reception to sort it out .

The evening meal was a joke. When I woke up the next day,I said to myself that at least I could get a decent breakfast before getting a ticket for the tender.Breakfast was just as bad as dinner. I really couldn't wait to get into Guernsey but unfortunately it was Sunday so most of the stores were not open. We caught the bus(92) which takes you around the island so that was a few hours . Best £2 ever spent. Went back to the ship to get grab something to eat but the only decent thing was the pizza. Never even seen our cabin steward until when we were leaving and I went back to the cabin for something I left behind. We had to leave the cabin by 6.30 a.m but we didn't even leave the ship until 9.30.

MSC Opera Cruises to France
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s MSC Opera Review
MSC Opera Cruises to France
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?