Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by petep

Vision of the Seas
Vision of the Seas
Member Name: petep
Cruise Date: May 2014
See More About: Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Vision of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Vision of the Seas Deck Plans
It was just OK

I just got off the Vision today, and wanted to write while everything was fresh. The ship itself is in relatively good condition. It is, however, an older ship. My wife and I had an outside cabin which was a good sized room just for us two. However, the furniture was a bit outdated. Not too much to complain about there as we didn't spend that much time in our room.

The shows were decent, but tended to cater to the older crowd. My wife and I are in our late twenties and didn't relate much to the 70's and 80's themed shows. The scheduling of the shows was absolutely horrible. Usually there is more than one thing to do at a time onboard a ship. Not this one. Either you went to the one show or you had nothing else to do. It was a mass migration from one show to the next.

The food was good. Your basic menu at the Windjammer, and the main dining room was ok. The menu choices at the main dining room were limited from night to night. We didn't try any of the specialty restaurants, so no comment on that.

My main complaint. The bar service! I purchased the premium package, thinking it would be a money saver. However, no matter which bar you went to it was at least a 10 minute wait for a drink. Don't even think about buying a drink at the pool bar during the day! Average wait time for a drink was 35 minutes! Around the pool deck they had maybe one person taking drink orders and that also was at least a 30 minute wait. The bartenders were severely understaffed and not friendly at all. Bottom line, unless you are willing to spend the majority of your day waiting at the bar for a drink don't bother buying the drink package.

I had a good time on this cruise, however, I wouldn't do a longer cruise on this ship. I was ready to leave after the 4 days. It's the bigger ships for us from now on.

Publication Date: 06/01/14
More Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Vision of the Seas review Read the next Vision of the Seas review

Cruise Critic's Vision of the Seas Review