MSC Opera Cruise Review by shaung: Service not included !!!!

shaung
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on MSC Opera Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Service not included !!!!

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

Firstly, this is not something that I normally do, but having just got back from a Taster cruise I must report my findings!!!

I have cruised 7 times before mainly on Carnival (the market leaders for me) so maybe I expect more, but ill leave it up to you.

We were told that we could embark from 11am. we arrived around 12 and spent the next 2 and a half hours waiting to be called !!!

when called it did only take about 20 minutes .With no information given to us for the reason why there was a delay.

Anyway to the ship..

We were on Deck 9. The outside cabins are excellent though smaller than what I have been used to, though with plenty of storage they have been well thought out.

Mustering is very well done as you are given a card at embarkation that you have to hand in at mustering to show that you have attended.

Service was the biggest downfall......

Basically there is not enough staff on duty..... the ones working More are very over worked and stressed out.

It took absolutely ages to get served for a drink from the bars, the staff were often unfriendly and you were made to feel that you shouldn't be asking for another drink.

The waiters in the restaurants weren't much better as they were hard to get hold off, half our party were on one course while the other half were waiting!!! Also when you order at Evening meal you order all your courses at once, these are brought up altogether from the kitchens, so when you eventually get to the main course it isn't that warm !!!

The standard of food is also disappointing, I want to be wowed on holiday but felt I was struggling to find something that I fancied, and when I did get it with the exception of pasta and risotto, it was a bit bland and not "wow ".

The ship itself is very nice, the décor and lay out first rate, the pool areas very good and the theatre good with no posts in the way !!!! though disappointingly the shows are again not " wow " but ok

The gym is small and can be busy at prime times with only 4 of each machine available, indeed you are asked to limit your stay to 20 mins per machine.

However the great thing about our cruise was the unlimited drinks package which was 23 euros and included a good array of cocktails and spirits !!! Less

Read more MSC Opera cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Opera Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Opera 9028

Very nice and a great use of space, loads of storage , bed was very comfortable