Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by LanaLana

Embarkation: other
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Number: V1

The worst time ever!

This was my first cruise and I was so looking forward to the great experience that everyone said I would have on a cruise. It was the total opposite though....and quite unexpected! Right from the beginning there were issues with (what I felt) was discrimination. My family seemed to get 'skipped over' when it came to certain things. I did address this with customer service on the ship, to no avail. They said they were sorry, but certainly did no more than that. This leads into the next issue: customer service. We ate dinner at first seating and it took 20 to 30 minutes to get our food, while the servers were sometimes critical that we ordered more food in some cases. And speaking of the food.........it was usually cold! Everyone brags that cruises are great because the food is free, but they're only part right. Yes, you won't have to pay for the food AGAIN (you already did this when you purchased your ticket), but the food is far from great. It was cold, gave me an upset stomach most of time, and there just wasn't a whole lot of good choices. We ate a lot of hotdogs and hamburgers, for lack of choices. This really surprised me most. Even the food that was served at dinner was usually cold, and don't think about taking it back because it will take another hour to get another plate. They really advertise that you get free room service 24 hours a day, but they don't tell you that you can only order a limited number of sandwiches, with about 8 chips or pretzels, and if you want a drink, it is brought up to you uncovered. I found a couple of things in my drink after ordering room service. Last, the room service was awful. You think that it's going to be great that you can have your room cleaned twice a day, but the only thing they do is make you bed--they don't actually clean or sanitize anything at all--even the bathroom. We were there for 6 days and not once did the guy cleaning our room actually use disinfectant, clean the trash up that was lying around on the floor or tables, or straighten anything up. We paid good money for a Verandah Room (V1 as a matter of fact), and when I asked other travelers if they got the animal made out of towels every day, they told me yes, but my family did not--this was what I felt was the second time we were discriminated against. (the first time was with the photography section). The balcony didn't have room enough for you to turn around.

The activities were more for old people, and it was a lot on the ship. The comic on there was dry and the music at Karaoke was worse. They also just kept pushing you to buy drinks and other things on the ship.

Is this trip worth the money--definitely not! Each person in your party must tip a a lot of money for each day you are on the ship and they take this money from the account you have to set up during embarkation. Be prepared to spend well over $100 in tips, for just two people, more if you're taking a whole family.

I still plan to go on another cruise in the future, just not with Carnival!!!!!!!!!!!! I want better food, better customer service, and a guest services crew that actually cares about my experience!

Publication Date: 06/01/14