Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by greateh

Member Name: greateh
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Honolulu
Destination: Hawaii
See More About: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Public Rooms Not Rated
Cabins Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

How can things be so different???

Sailed the Rapsody to Alaska two years ago. The experience other than the entertainment was a total delight.

This sailing was an utter disappointment. I had bragged the Rapsody up to our companions to the extent that |I was embarrassed. They must think I have little taste at all.

This is our fifth time sailing RCI. There will never be another. They have no pride in their ship. The same dirty glasses left beside machines in the casino from morning to night. We never once saw staff wiping down machines or cleaning around them to cut back on the illness the Rapsody is now having. The tables on the pool deck as well as the ones in the Park Café were sticky. We asked for wet cloths to wipe them down ourselves. Instead of coming to our assistance, we were handed a cloth to do it ourselves. Not a high classed joint.

The entertainment was wonderful. Some of the best shows we have seen on RCI.

Then there is the food. While two years ago I enjoyed each and every meal..........This cruise all but one meal were worse than I can express. Plates from all tables were going back after passengers had only picked at them. We concluded the staff must be using the food from The Australian stock. Perhaps they need to deplete that stock before re stocking in Vancouver to the Alaska cruises start. The wind jammer was a bit better but always seemed to be repeating the same offerings every few days. They ran out of so many things and everyone was complaining. We enjoyed a Blue Moon Beer a few days into the cruise. When two days later we ordered another, we were told they did not stock this brand of beer. They argued with us when we told the bartender in the casino we had just had one two days before. Anyway.........they must have ran out of that too. There was lots of shinning being done, but chair arms in the eating areas were never seen being wiped down. Very little vacuuming was done in our state rooms and elsewhere on the ship. Also tell me,......why do the staff in the wind jammer sweep crumbs and such from around your table while people are eating at it? Can't they take note and sweep after people have finished their meal?

Our room was next to the stairs. It took a few days but we got used to the noise. Our stateroom was large enough and also very comfy.

I sound like a real whiner. I am not a cruise snob, as this is only our seventh cruise. I do however, know the difference between treated like a guest on a great cruise line with wonderful food and attentive staff...........now we have experienced the other.

Publication Date: 05/31/14