Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by mugga123: Loved It!!!!

mugga123
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Loved It!!!!

Sail Date: April 2014

Sailed on the Oasis over the Easter holidays. This ship is massive. I don't think I covered the whole ship in the week allowed but sured did my best. Embarkation day was a breeze but I've sailed with Royal before so I was able to go to the front of the line which was nice. We had an ocean balcony on the 10th floor which was very nice. When you open the door the air condition cuts off so remember to fully close the door or your cabin will get warm. Don't open your cabin door with the balcony open either…hehehe…..papers in our room went flying. Oh well, nothing flew out. I loved the bathroom night lite and there are also little lights in the artwork in the room which acts as a night lite too. Didn't leave them on but it would be nice for those with little kids. I found the storage space was less than other Royal ships. TV plays the same few shows over and over again in the same few hours. There are no movies except pay view for $12.95. Rip off and the selection was stuff More that was already out in Redbox.

Entertainment was fantastic. Saw all the shows….make reservations before you sail or you'll be in the standby lines.

Didn't try any specialty restaurants. MDR was ok food. I didn't find the food as great as other sailings I've been on. We did eat at Johnny Rockets. Very tasty burger and price was great. After 6pm they have a 2 for 1 special. Can't go wrong with a good burger. The donuts are free and I loved the cinnamon. Ice cream selections change every night.

Had to visit the ships MD when my son got bit by something in St. Thomas. Cost $110 plus the cost of antibiotics.

In Nassau we took a carriage ride to get familiar with the place and than walked to the fort , Junkanoo Beach, shopped at the straw market, etc. I never felt threatened nor did anyone bother me or my teenage son except to try and sell us something.

In St. Thomas we took the island tour through Royal. Shopped, toured the island , dropped off at Magens Bay to swim for 2 hours (very nice ) and rode up to Mountain Top for spectacular views. Our tour guide was very informative and I enjoyed the day. The van is open aired and it was warm but tolerable.

In St. Martin we went with Bernard Tours. Found him on the internet for $45 per person. Met us where he said he'd be and had an air-conditioned van. Our tour guide was very good and funny. He had an ice chest with water, sodas and rum punch for no extra charge. Had a great day.

There is so much to do on the Oasis. It's like being at a 5 star resort. I noticed the crowds after a show or when you're trying to get off the ship. I learned the hard way in St. Thomas so in St. Martin we were one of the first few off the ship (no crowds) I would sail again on this big ship but I need to give it awhile. I never thought I would say this but I think I prefer the smaller ships. Book your cruise today. You won't regret it. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Took the carriage ride around the city. Was very short but was able to get a feel for the city. Walked to the fort for some awesome views of the ships in port. Shopped in town and the straw market. Walked to Junkanoo Beach. Never felt unsafe walking around.

Read 2644 Nassau Reviews

Booked an independent tour with Bernard Tours. Met him at the information center right on time. Had an air-conditioned bus filled with beverages (water, soda and rum punch) all complimentary. Drove around the island . Had breaks for shopping, beach fun and beautiful scenery. Would highly recommend them.

Magen Bay Beach

Drove around the island with amazing scenery. Shopped for several hours. Stopped at Magens Bay for 2+ hours to swim. Beautiful water and fine sand. Drove to Mountain Top for banana daiquiris and more breathtaking scenery. Our driver was very informative. I really enjoyed the tour.