Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by dnoel

Norwegian Getaway
Norwegian Getaway
Member Name: dnoel
Cruise Date: May 2014
See More About: Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Getaway Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Getaway Deck Plans
RENAME SHIP TO PARTY & EXTREMELY LOUD SHIP

Very disappointed with our cruise. For such a huge ship you would think that they would have more than 1 clothing shop. Cruise consultant told me that there were shops "Right."

Entertainment was good, but extremely loud. If you wanted peace & quiet you had to go to the Library or your cabin.

Many people complained about the "Loud Ship" you couldn't hear yourself think.

Freestyle food NOT so good. Royal Caribbean is MUCH better.

They have a small pool & I found out if you wanted peace & quiet you could go to the other end of the ship, but you had to pay $20.00 to get in that pool. HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT?

The Magic Show was the BEST & the food was awesome. And that's the ONLY place the food was awesome.

Cake Boss Bakery was a HUGE disappointment. It's VERY small & doesn't have much of a selection. And I was SO excited to get some delicious desserts.

I ended up sick & had to visit the ship doctor. When I got home & ended up in the ER had CONTAGIOUS bronchitis. The ER dr. told me that I got it on the ship, because I was FINE when I left home.

The cruise consultant told me that they have staff at the hand sanitizer machines & WON'T let you in the restaurants without using it. NOT TRUE! We used the machines, but there were MANY people that passed by us & went in the restaurants.

FYI: Our cruise consultant told me that she/staff spent 1 night on the Getaway. She knew about the pools, & failed to tell me that part & everything else. I will be sending the CEO a letter.

Publication Date: 05/30/14
Read the Eastern Caribbean ports review by dnoel
More Norwegian Getaway Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Norwegian Getaway review Read the next Norwegian Getaway review

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews