Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by dnoel: RENAME SHIP TO PARTY & EXTREMELY LOUD SHIP

Norwegian Getaway 3
Member Since 2014

Overall Member Rating

Sail Date: May 2014

Very disappointed with our cruise. For such a huge ship you would think that they would have more than 1 clothing shop. Cruise consultant told me that there were shops "Right."

Entertainment was good, but extremely loud. If you wanted peace & quiet you had to go to the Library or your cabin.

Many people complained about the "Loud Ship" you couldn't hear yourself think.

Freestyle food NOT so good. Royal Caribbean is MUCH better.

They have a small pool & I found out if you wanted peace & quiet you could go to the other end of the ship, but you had to pay $20.00 to get in that pool. HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT?

The Magic Show was the BEST & the food was awesome. And that's the ONLY place the food was awesome.

Cake Boss Bakery was a HUGE disappointment. It's VERY small & doesn't have much of a selection. And I was SO excited to get some delicious desserts.

I ended up sick & had to visit the ship doctor. When More I got home & ended up in the ER had CONTAGIOUS bronchitis. The ER dr. told me that I got it on the ship, because I was FINE when I left home.

The cruise consultant told me that they have staff at the hand sanitizer machines & WON'T let you in the restaurants without using it. NOT TRUE! We used the machines, but there were MANY people that passed by us & went in the restaurants.

FYI: Our cruise consultant told me that she/staff spent 1 night on the Getaway. She knew about the pools, & failed to tell me that part & everything else. I will be sending the CEO a letter. Less

Published 05/30/14

Helpful? Thank dnoel
1 Helpful Vote

Read more Norwegian Getaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Getaway Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Getaway Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 5165

The room was clean, but the bathroom was SO small. We had an inside room.

Because the bridge was closed we kept going around the terminal for a half hour. Finally after asking the 3rd person we got the correct directions.

Read 1152 Miami Reviews

Compare Prices on Norwegian Getaway Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2014
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X