River Queen Cruise Review by wkziggy

Member Name: wkziggy
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Amsterdam
Destination: Europe River
See More About: River Queen Cruise Reviews | Europe River Cruise Reviews | Uniworld Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: River Queen Review (by Cruise Critic!) | River Queen Deck Plans
River Queen for Castles on the Rhine: Fantastic Time

We took the Castles on the Rhine cruise aboard the River Queen and it was heavenly from the moment we were half way down the pier headed to the boat. We were greeted at 11a.m. by Laurentiu and Sebastian who took our bags and directed us to the onboard lounge where we were greeted warmly and had a great lunch of salad, soup, fruits and desserts with wine, of course. I knew we had arrived for a fantastic time. On my first trip to the top deck I was greeted again by staff and I asked for a picture with the captain, jokingly. I quickly realized a handsome gentleman running my direction who posed as the captain and I got my picture. Later I found out that really was "Ferdy" the captain! The trip was relaxing, full of wonderful tours and the guides were all very fun and knowledgeable so I didn’t mind looking like a tourist with my ear piece. Our cruise director, Martin, was knowledgeable, fun and approachable. We enjoyed many tours including a vinegar tasting and wine tasting and strolling tours through beautiful villages. Lots of history. The food was fantastic but also displayed beautifully. I ate everything presented but somehow managed to walk off any weight gain so I was thrilled. Evening guest singers were really unique and there was always Andrea who played piano and was eager to please as she took requests and allowed guests to sing solos which made it fun and interactive. A shout out to De Jan who took great care of us in the lounge. We had a great trip. If I had to complain it would be that I’m a light sleeper and this was my first cruise ever so in spite of my room always being a perfect temperature and the bed and pillows being perfect I still found it hard to sleep with the sloshing of the water especially on the one night we spent in port. I did better when the boat was moving. Thanks to Uniworld for this great cruise and I plan to travel with them again.

Publication Date: 05/30/14