“DCL Wonderful Wonder”

Robot RN
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Our first cruise with DCL was a magical experience. We had a last minute reservation which I was slightly worried about because we couldn't choose a cabin, it was assigned at the terminal. The cabins are the biggest we've ever had for regular cabins. The split bathrooms are genus. The curtains can be pulled so one can sleep and others in cabin can watch TV. The cabin stewards are very kind and friendly and keep the cabins in mint condition. The ship is older but well maintained. The three dining rooms are a neat concept, I loved Triton's, my husband loved Animator's Palate, and we both agreed Parrot Cay needed a major face lift. The food was good but sherbet needs to be added to dessert list with more flavors. I can not report on children's programs since we traveled without them, but all the other people that I spoke to about the programs both kids and parents were extremely pleased with everything. The Disney shows in The Walt Disney Theater are excellent, they should offer more than three on the longer cruises. There are so many programs offered during the cruise days some of my favorites are the arts of entertaining which is a cooking demo by DCL chefs and the different alcohol tastings. They were all very informative and fun. The adult pool area was our only disappointment, the pool is small and not with easy access to enter or exit the water. The ladder is hard on the feet. The sitting area did not have enough lounge chairs about 12 on each side and only about 15 other seats to sit and read a book. There were regular table and chairs but that is uncomfortable to sit and read. Also there is no beverage station in the adult only area you have to go all the way to the other end of the ship for a drink. The overall trip was great and I would book DCL again.

Disney Wonder Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Sport Fishing

My husband did this one. He tries to fish in each port if it's offered. This was the only port to offer a sports fishing trip and he said "it was a great trip, no fish were caught but the guys on the boat very helpful."

Culinary Tour

Best trip ever in this port. Oscar the chef was great. After cooking and eating we had two hours to swin at resort.

Port

If you don't take a side trip mostly expensive shops and bars here. Would have liked going to Castaway Cay.

Read 1,115 Key West Reviews
Published 05/30/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Wonder Review
Disney Wonder Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?