Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by rainey52: Still Loyal To Royal

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Vision of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Still Loyal To Royal

Sail Date: May 2014

We have sailed Royal for 25 plus cruises, the last 10 on either Freedom Class or Oasis Class so sailing on a smaller ship was something we haven't done in quite a while. Saying that, we were also looking forward to that "ship and sea" feeling and Vision gave us exactly that.

They have done a very nice job on the refurbishments, both in the cabins and the public areas. We were in a balcony cabin on deck 7 and while the cabin was very nicely done, I would have preferred a balcony that was plexiglass all the way (deck 8) instead of the bottom being part of the hull. Balcony was kind of small but not terrible and the new balcony furniture was nice. Our cabin steward was great, always made sure we had ice and was just a nice guy.

We had poor dining room service the first night (MTD) and I informed the hostess of this upon leaving. The next night she remembered us and made sure we were seated in a different area with a wonderful waitstaff that more than made up for the More first nights negligence. The immediate remedy is another reason we are loyal to Royal, they did their best to make it right and we appreciated it.

We also received an additional $20 credit for internet when I mentioned that the internet was very slow, I was not expecting that and it was a nice gesture.

Entertainment was what you would expect, singers and dancers were OK, but we enjoyed the juggler who got great interaction with the crowd and the comedian who did 2 shows, very funny. Cruise director was good and seemed to keep the action going.

I really liked the PM activities in the Centrum, lots of games and the passengers really got into it. The 70's party we usually attend in the Promenade area had a very different feel in the Centrum and I liked it. Alot more intimate and you felt closer to the action even if you were 2 decks up.

Solarium area was very nice but HOT, roof was not open and I do not know if that is the norm but at times it got very uncomfortable in the sun and we were hustling to find shade. AC only seems to be felt if you were sitting to the sides of the Solarium area. Chair savers were out in force and we wish the staff would have done a better job of keeping track of the chairs that were never occupied.

We aren't drinkers so I can't speak of the slow drink service some have complained about but when we wanted to fill up our soda cups we didn't have a problem.

We are in our early 60's and passengers seemed very mixed in age. Alot of 20-30 year olds as well as college and people like us, mostly couples. We always find that in our May sailings and like it that way. Not alot of kids at this time of year.

Once again Royal delivered a great vacation but then again we never go anywhere with the expectation of everything will be perfect. We are on vacation and happy to be there. Less

Read more Vision of the Seas cruise reviews >>