Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Skipbinner: I'm not a complainer

I'm not a complainer

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

After 33 cruises, this is my 1st. review. I'm writing it because I enjoyed the "Sunshine ship" a lot. May 2nd. we sailed to the Southern Caribbean & then a B2B to the Western Caribbean (15 days in all) Like all ships, The Sunshine has it's "quirks" for example, to use "your time dining" which is on Deck # 3, you have to go to the Taste bar on Deck # 5 and either get an assignment # or a pager & wait a few minutes but it's not too bad because it's next to the Alchemy Bar which has an extensive variety of drink ingredients.

In the back of the "Market Place" (RCCL calls it the "Windjammer") there is the Havana Bar. If you didn't know it, in that room, is a great Omelet bar in the morning & Pasta Bar later on. A few other tips are: Unlike most big ships, the "Sunshine" most balcony cabins don't have refrigerators but the Cloud 9 SPA cabins as well as the suites do. On the deck 12 Serenity Bar, for several hours in the morning, Bloody Mary's & Momossa's are More discounted (but not advertised) maybe some other bars also have that policy. The scrambled eggs are terrible but most of the fish servings are really good. Most food is good and seating in the Marketplace is usually available. For breakfast, try the burrito's outside the Marketplace. The Casino is pretty decent, I saw a guy win $4000.00 on a penny slot. I play "Let It Ride" and came out + $$$$.

The Sports bar allows smoking but it was never bad when I went. They have a Sushi Bar on deck 4, & for $4.00 you will get a huge California roll. All of their other prices are also real good. The Serenity area is really - really nice. As many ships are hard to navigate around, the Sunshine is no exception. All in all, I would sail on it again - Oh yea, we're going on it again on another 8 day, this time in October to Grand Turk, St. Thomas, St. Maarten & San Juan. Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sunshine Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sunshine 10114

The Carnival Sunshine "Shines"