Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Susan Jenkins

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Susan Jenkins
Caribbean Princess
Caribbean Princess
Member Name: Susan Jenkins
Cruise Date: May 2014
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Number: B330
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Horrible service, horrible food, horrible experience! 5 Star NO WAY!

This is my 4th cruise line that I have cruised. Princess was highly recommended as a 5 star ship! NOT EVEN CLOSE!

The food was not good even on the buffet. Everything was over cooked, yet never warm, dry, underwhelming. Even Sabatini was a HUGH disappointment. We left our steak and lobster after only a few bites, due to dry, chewy meat and over saucing the lobster. Our steaks were ordered med rare it came med well, I actually had to spit a piece of steak into my napkin to get it out of my mouth. The waitress asked how we were doing, we told her she could clear and told her what we did not like about the meal. She went over to the host when he came over to inquire, he had an attitude and made a flippant remark that “It was OK when I asked earlier” which is true however we had not tasted anything yet. Since it was their food that was so bad why the attitude! His attitude was extremely uncalled for especially since we were not asking for a refund. He possibly could have had his attitude towards us since we arrived at our 5:30 reservation and the doors were closed so we had to ask someone from the bar next door to ask them to open the doors. However the desert was wonderful

We were at the pool for 4 days and was asked once by the wait staff if we wanted a cocktail. We saw servers but they hung around the bar. I know a large portion of revenue must come from liquor sales. Prior cruise lines asked before your beverage was 1/2 empty if you wanted a refill weather it was a cocktail, a beer, or water. First time I have ever encountered bad pool service. I am telling you service on this ship was a joke.

In the casino we also were never asked if we wanted a beverage. In fact my travel mate had everyone around her asked but the waiter acted as if she was not there.

I had purchased a bottle of wine my first day at the pool bar because as on other cruise lines I could take the bottle with me and finish it when and where ever. When I asked for a bucket of ice the next evening at the casino I was told no, that they did not have any. He offered to keep the wine bottle for me but why, it took me 10 to 15 minutes to get waited on to ask about a wine bucket in the first place.

AND TO ADD INSULT IN INJURY:Our last full day at sea we had made reservations at Sabatini's and were dressing up. Much to our horror we discovered after one cold shower we had a problem with the hot water and the hair dryer was broken. We called for help no one came, after 1/2 hour we called again, no one came. After another 15 minutes we called yet again. We had to air dry our hair on the balcony, we still did not have a hair dryer when we disembarked., WHY?

Everyday we were amazed by the horrible, rude or nonexistent service. We never once had a decent meal and we were denied the basics such as hot water! What a disappointment!

Even the Cabin Steward would not give us extra ice. We bought the bottle of wine at the bar, and carried on one each so we had to chose chilled wine or chilled water or sodas, the refrigerator was never cool. Drinks were always tempted. Why can I not have some ice?

I will never cruise Princess Cruise Line again, nor will I recommend the Princess Cruise Line ever. Our entire experience was horrible. I can understand a bad meal. or bad service from a server, or a mix up at the front desk. But bad food, bad service everyday??????????????

And let's not forget, NO HOT WATER,,,,,,NO HAIR DRYER,,,,,,, 3 CALLS FOR HELP,,,,,,,,NO HELP!!!

On a positive note, our room was wonderful.

Publication Date: 05/28/14