Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by keystime: First time on a cruise/tips/reviews/recommendations

keystime
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

First time on a cruise/tips/reviews/recommendations

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bahamas

This was our first time on a cruise ship. Overall it was the best time we ever had. First off going to the orientation is a must. We stumbled in on accident and it was the best thing we did. If you go they offer a Spa deal of a lifetime. A managers special full massage including a facial and a eye collagen for a low price. My first time to the spa and they had the best steam room I have ever been in. Everyone there is five star and it was the best massage of my whole life. It was so good we went back a second time. I highly suggest Helen and or Princess if they are available.

If you like good food and fine dining purchasing the ultimate meal package is a must. If you like the buffet style food then don't purchase the plan. Do not eat at the II Adagio Italian restaurant. They will not make a steak unless it is well done. Also I ordered the lobster fettuccine. The pasta came out with no Alfredo sauce it was oil based. Not good at all if you ask me. Now the Le Bistro and More Cagney's were five star. Cagney's was so good we went back for dinner twice. The whole staff was excellent and everyone was kind and helpful. We did the shore excursion to Atlantis and we had the best time. Staff led us the whole way it was quick and painless. We had so much fun there we didn't want to leave. Remember to bring a credit card when going to Atlantis they will not accept cash in most places and make sure you get a locker. Great Stirrup Cay was also very fun. Make sure you walk around there are plenty of chairs and I don't normally eat at Buffets but the ribs were so good I had to eat as much as I could. We brought bottles of water with us but it was not necessary. The bar gave of plenty of water when asked and no one gave us a hard time. I hope this helps when booking your next cruise. Enjoy! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 8319

The cabin was very small. I can't really complain about that since I knew it was going to be and the only reason to be in the room is to sleep and get ready to go.

Plenty of chairs and the buffet was good.

Atlantis

Quick and easy. Plenty of staff to guide us and never really had to wait to get to our destination.