Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by beshears: This was a much better cruise this time, since our luggage was lost fo

beshears
Member Since 2006
2,036 Posts

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

This was a much better cruise this time, since our luggage was lost fo

Sail Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I didn't know how this cruise would go, since the last time we cruised on RCCL, they lost our luggage for almost 4 days.

We arrived in Port Cavernal and I had transportation booked for us to take us to the ship. It was a little confusing to find the transportation, but we did. It probably wasn't more than 15 minutes to check in, (It took us an hour from the airport to the ship) as I did all my homework (on the computer) before we left on this trip.

We found a very nice room, but we didn't seem to find enough space to put some of our items. We did put some of our luggage in the closet, and under the bed. Nice sofa in the room which was a surprise to us. We had trouble with the vault two times, but it was fixed fast. We loved the towel animals our attendant Tamara would make.

In the Promanade area, there was the Cafe Promanade, and Sorrentos which had "some" free food. The pizza was fair, but Sorrentos had some good almond cookies. There was a neat jukebox More there also. The Windjammer had a big buffet, but I really didn't find too much that I liked there, other than they had great sugar free cream puffs, and a walnut pie. Their tuna salad was good too. They had a beautiful ice sculpture, and a man cutting out animals, and designs out of fruit and vegtables. Really neat.

Unless you are going to do a lot of soda drinking, the drink pass is not worth it, unless you carry your glass everwhere. The main dining room (Leonardos's) is very nice, except, we were in a corner, never could see any of the action that was going on. Johnny Rockets has some good onion rings.

Deck 15 has the chapel, and it is very nice to have a wedding in, or go pray.

The belly flop, Love and Marriage (Arcadia Theatre- very nice) and trivial games, flowrider was fun to watch, and outside movie too were good. The ice show was EXCELLENT!

The Photo Gallery had a good deal, we thought. We like paper pictures, but you can get the disk also. Normally the 8 x 10 pictures are $23. You can get a whole package of ALL the pictures you want to take for $299. It was a good deal we thought. The people were very helpful in that area also.

Last, but not least, is the big parade on Saturday night on the Promanade. You need to get there early to be up close.The Dreamworks characters throughout the cruise were neat to see.

For the last day off the ship, we were able to get luggage valet for $20, which was a great deal.

We went to LABADEE which is the ships island. People are poor there, and they may beg a little, but not bad. The lunch the ship had with the b-b cue ribs and corn was very good. The water was nice, but some areas, it was hard to get to them. there were plenty of chairs, and you can take towels off the ship.

FALMOUTH, JAMAICA we took a tour (once you get off the ship) on a tram for $22, and it was a good one. We seen poor/nice homes. Also a big church where Prince William had attended there.

GRAND CAYMAN, we took a tour to see Hell, and you could also see the turtle farm too. We also seen the dolphins kissing people for $30. We also visited the Tortuga rum factory, which was interesting.

COZUMEL, we went to downtown, and found a Taxi that would take us on a tour. I ask to see the Kow Kow chocolate factory, which was interesting, as well as the other side of Cozumel, which is beautiful,and while climbing up the rocks, I came across an Iguna, and got a good picture of it. You will probably laugh when I mention this, but I love to swing. I found two areas in Cozumel where I could swing, so I got pictures of that too. SMILE Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>