Saga Pearl II Cruise Review by khoona

Member Name: khoona
Cruise Date: April 2014
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Mediterranean
See More About: Saga Pearl II Cruise Reviews | Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Saga Holidays Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Saga Pearl II Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Saga Pearl II Deck Plans
Magic Mystery

On April 11th 2014 I boarded Saga Pearl II with some trepidation: it was not only my first cruise with Saga but my first cruise alone.

I needed not to worry from the embarkation onwards every thing was fine. The staff were incredible, so efficient and friendly, the cabins and public rooms spotlessly clean and the food was indeed some of the best I have had.

This was Captain Dunlop's Mystery Cruise, and soon the Captain was referred to as Captain 'Devious' Duncan as he had most of us puzzled as to where he was going to, for one thing he changed direction in the early hours of the morning so we may have gone to bed thinking North but waking up to find he had gone South!

There were 10 ports of call, 5 I had been to on other cruises and 5 new ones to me. As this was an all inclusive as well as being a mystery cruise, a half day tour was included in the price paid. One or two people complained about the choice of ports/tours but the majority of people were very happy.

On the basis of this one trip I have now booked three other cruise with Saga, as I now travel alone I find this is by far the best cruise line for me

Publication Date: 05/27/14