Royal Princess 4

bags r packed
Member Since 2014
9 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My 55th cruise on the Royal was much less than expected. Attention paid to the asthetics certainly are impressive, however many design shortcomings detract from the overall experience.

*No stairs in the middle of the ship with insufficient elevators to handle the traffic.

*The traditional promenade deck is gone. It goes by the same name, but lifeboats obstruct the view of the ocean resulting in an absence of a peaceful, outdoor space with a view.

*Service in restaurants did not compare with our January cruise on the Emerald Princess. While dining in the Crown Grill, we waited 25 minutes for our coffee. I was tempted to go into the kitchen and help myself. I thought we were paying for attentive service as well as good food.

*The dance floor is now in the piazza and it's marble. Little kids, all decked out and cute as a button, are permitted to run loose on the floor among couples trying to dance. No fun for the adults.

You've read about the More miniature balconies in other reviews - impossible.

We have cruised over 500 days with Princess. Our next cruise will be on another line. If we come back to Princess, we will avoid the Royal as well as it's sister ship the Regal. Less

Royal Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: March 2014
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

A205
Balconies are not worth the extra cost. They are extremely small and cramped rendering them impossible.. A positive feature in this cabin was the curtain that could be drawn between the bed and couch. My late to bed husband used the curtain while he watched TV and I slept.

Published 05/27/14

Read Cruise Critic's Royal Princess Review

Royal Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?