Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by cabrx: Big change in RC over the years

cabrx
Member Since 2004
93 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Big change in RC over the years

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Copenhagen

Like a previous review I found that RC is cutting back. We could not find a waiter to order a drink while sitting around the Atrium pool and had to approach the lone bartender to ask for someone. The Park Cafe had long line ups since only one individual was working the counter. I think RC needed to be reminded that this was a cooler temperature cruise and most passengers would tend to congregate around the Atrium pool. Especially since we lost one of our stops, Helsinki, and spend an additional day at sea. Kudos to the staff as they maintained a positive friendly mannerism despite the fact that they were working obviously working short.

Our cabin steward, Russel was fantastic. We had an aft cabin and the set up was cramped. With the twin display we could barely walk around the one bed and the closet would not open fully. Perhaps a three seater couch wasn't necessary in that room and configuration different? Carpets in the hall way are stained.

Television was More pathetic. I know I'm not there to watch TV but most channels were RC and sitcoms were replayed for the whole week. At least other lines had current movies playing and sitcoms were not replayed every day. A movie was shown outside but no body watched it as too cold. Other lines I have been on supplied blankets.. The entertainment only contained a couple of nights with out the RC dancers. I cannot comment on the shows with the RC dancers as I did not attend. The String Fever and Motown show were excellent.

Had late dining and meals were mediocre. There were some night were I struggled to order something. On a trip like this country themes would have been nice. I never expected to see lobster and steak offered at a fee in the restaurant.

Shops were pathetic and variety poor. Fitness centre is small .

I think I will look elsewhere for my next cruise. Less

Published 05/27/14

Helpful? Thank cabrx
1 Helpful Vote

Read more Legend of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Legend of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Legend of the Seas Baltic Sea Cruises

Cabin review: 7632

Cramped, layout poor. Twin bed configuration left little room to walk around the beds or open closet.

cabrx
Member Since 2004
93 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X