Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Sherrybech

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Sherrybech
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: Sherrybech
Cruise Date: April 2014
Destination: Transatlantic
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Our first Celebrity cruise and our last!

We have done many cruises with Princess and have always been so pleased, including Transatlantic's. We chose Celebrity this time because of all the wonderful things we have heard and expected at least the same level of service. We were very excited to get onboard. First the ship is beautiful and my husband and I promised we wouldn't play the compare game. That said, below are the notes I took while we were on our cruise. I have to say, this is the first time I was anxious to disembark. Sorry Celebrity, we won't be back until things change.

Internet rarely worked on the entire crossing. lack of truthful response on why there is no internet connection from the I lounge as well as guest relations. Seems they were instructed to be vague in their answers. I was promised that when the ship docked in Madeira there would be internet and there was not. Also, on day 7 of the journey they were still attempting to sell plans to people even though they could not get a connection to sign them on. Very irresponsible. Letter of apology from Captain on day 10 but no offer of refunds.

Food in dining room, French chef on board, always a French influence every night. No different types of food, what happened to expansive choices?

Room steward seemed bored with his job and brought us the inappropriate kind of wine glasses after the first day. Water bottles not replaced in a timely manner so we were out of water for 1 night.

Cruise director also did not seem to involved with his job or fun.

Buffet area very nice.

Too many extra charge venues on the ship. Almost forced to go to one of the specialty restaurants if you wanted something other than French inspired food.

Waiters and waitresses all seemed very nice. Especially Luv.

Dining room waiters and assts seemed very unorganized the first five nights. None showed any energy or spirit towards their tables to make it fun.

Publication Date: 05/27/14
More Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews

More Celebrity Silhouette Reviews
Europe
I want my old Celebrity back
Good but not great