Disney Dream Cruise Review by dulcemariamar

Disney Dream
Disney Dream
Member Name: dulcemariamar
Cruise Date: May 2014
Embarkation: Orlando (Port Canaveral)
Destination: Bahamas
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Okay but did not live up to the hype

The problem with Disney Cruise Line is that before you book your trip, you stop and ask yourself, "Is it really worth it?" As you know you are basically paying double than other brands so you go into the cruise with high expectations. Sadly, they were not met.

The biggest issue was the food. The food was not really good. I thought the food was actually better at the windjammer than at the MDR. Several nights, I left hungry. I think they want to be creative but the meals fall short. But to be fair I did eat at Remys and Palo. The food is incredible at Remys but I am a bit of a picky eater so I didnt like everything there but my dinner partner loved it. Palo was great and I had a nice time there.

It was also annoying that the hours of the places were really limited. The windjammer was only open for a short time and the breakfast in the MDR was only open for 1.5 hours in the morning. It wasnt open at night so you could get a quick snack. The pizza, sandwiches, and hamburgers weren't that they great but that stand was open later.

I was also disappointed with the kids menu. They actually served corn dogs in the MDR. How is that even healthy, just give a kid a hamburger. I only ate in the MDR twice but the healthy option was a repeat. It was a turkey bolognese but when I ordered it for my daughter the pasta was hard.

The shows were great and my daughter loved meeting the characters but we did have to wait in lines. So if you want to see the princesses it is better to show up 30 minutes before or you will be stuck in a really long time.

The private island is really great. I really enjoy the adult only section. The boat is pretty empty during that day so it is a great time to enjoy the pool and the aqua deck with crowds and lines.

Publication Date: 05/26/14