Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by cpetis: A Unique Honeymoon...RCI goes above and beyond

cpetis
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Serenade of the Seas Transatlantic Cruises

A Unique Honeymoon...RCI goes above and beyond

Sail Date: April 2014
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: New Orleans

At first I wasn't too sure about doing the transatlantic cruise for our Honeymoon but my wife and I really did enjoy our time on the ship and at the ports. I will try and be as thorough as possible.

Ship: yes the Serenade of the Seas isn't the latest and greatest but we found the ship to be very clean, spacious that included many different amentities. we especially enjoyed the movie cinema, under the stars screen at pool deck and Chops grill/Giovannis. Spend the extra money on the package for the specialty dining. I ate some of the best food I have ever eaten at these restaurants. you cant go wrong.

Staff: the dining staff were phenominal. we sat at table 462 and were served by melbert and max, paul was the head waiter. they went above and beyond to meet our needs. our stateroom attendant also did a great job and was always greeting us with a smile. the entertainment staff also were great. Bobby (cruise director), Lorenzo and debs were great.

ports: we More enjoyed Malaga spain the most and found it to be very picturesque. we also did the dolphin excursion in Anguilla, loads of money, but totally worth it!

Days at sea: it was a transatlantic cruise, so we had many days at sea. we always found that there was something to do which was nice. but for times when we just wanted to relax we found that not to be a problem to kick back by the pool and read a book.

all in all, great service, nice ship and some cool ports. we plan to try a larger ship for our next cruise.

happy cruising! Less

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Serenade of the Seas 8582

Cabins: you are on a cruise ship...there wont be much space but it was more than enough for my wife and I. The showers always had hot water and our state room attendant always had the rooms clean for us. the beds did seem a little thin and I found my shoulders aching every now and then. but on the whole it was adequate. we were on the 8th deck in the middle of the ship. couldn't hear any noise from the centrum and we generally found the room to be very stable in terms of sway.