Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by mnnut2: Great for a first cruise or a quick getaqay

mnnut2
Member Since 2014

Compare Prices on Carnival Sensation Bahamas Cruises

Great for a first cruise or a quick getaqay

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Freeport

Hi, my husband, son and I went on this cruise, first cruise for them, second cruise for me. This cruise came at the end of a 8 day Orlando family vacation. We rented a car both to and from Orlando to cocoa beach. It was very easy to drive there. (even with the tolls) We went to board the ship around noon and it did take awhile to get everything set up for the 3 of us. We then boarded and went to our room to unpack. We had a couple drinks, (they were expensive), and looked around.

The cruise was very comfortable, but after 4 days there wasn't a lot to do on the ship. We went to the comedy show, and another dancing, singing show. We played mini golf, went to the adult hot tubs, did a little shopping. They have great deals on liquor and cigarettes on the ship that you can take home with you.

We paid for a junior suite and I'm so glad we did. I wouldn't want to stay in a room any smaller. My husband smokes and it was very convenient for him to have the balcony. I should More have paid more attention to the direction the boat was going in order to take advantage of the sunrises and sunsets. The bed was fantastic and I've never slept better. The room was in a great location in regards to the rest of the ship, everything was easy to get to. Our room steward was amazing and he took extra time to make our room even more wonderful, We enjoyed this room.  Our cabin steward was fantastic and we tipped him extra(we paid all our tips ahead of time)

The elegant night was okay, the lobster was good. We tended to eat on the lido deck because we wanted to stay in shorts and sandals and relax. We met some really great people on the ship, both cruisers and those that were working on the ship. The cruisers were varied. There were families, couples, singles, young people and elderly.

My husband and son both liked cruising enough to go on another one, and that was the whole idea of going on this one. Less

Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Sensation v15

We paid for a junior suite and I'm so glad we did. I wouldn't want to stay in a room any smaller. My husband smokes and it was very convenient for him to have the balcony. I should have paid more attention to the direction the boat was going in order to take advantage of the sunrises and sunsets. The bed was fantastic and I've never slept better. The room was in a great location in regards to the rest of the ship, everything was easy to get to. Our room steward was amazing and he took extra time to make our room even more wonderful, We enjoyed this room