“I want my old Celebrity back”
Cruise review of Celebrity Silhouette

grandgeezer Celebrity Silhouette 3 I want my old Celebrity back
grandgeezer
Member Since 2004
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We were huge Celebrity fans, having siled with them 8 of our last 11 cruises, the other 3 were on Royal Caribbean.. This was our first cruise with them in a little over a year. We couldn't believe this was the same line.

The ship was beautiful and well kept. The crew worked their butts off and still had a smile on their face. In most cases the food and entertainment was mediorce at best. The internet availability was a joke. The sad part is they were all brought on due to cost cutting measures. Of our 14 cruises on Celebrity, this was our least favorite. In our 29 cruises, on all cruise lines, it would be abput 25 least favorite with #29 being the worst.

I won't go into detail because when I bought up some of the issues, on the Celebrity board, I was blasted by the Celebrity cheerleaders that didn't believe me.

We chose Celebrity because, in our opinon, they were the ideal match for us. Now, they're all basically are the same.

In our eyes, the only thing that distinguishes X from the rest are the perks of being Elite Plus in their loyalty program.

In the past, when we decided to take a cruise, we didn't care where it was going, just that it was on Celebrity. Now it will be itenerary driven, the Elite Plus will just be a tie breaker.

Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to Transatlantic
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8203
Cabin was excellant as well as the service by the cabin steward and his assistant
Published 05/26/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Silhouette Review
Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?