Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Domesticdiva66

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Domesticdiva66
Carnival Dream
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

My First Ever Cruise

Hmm, where do I start? This was my first time cruise as well as my best friend's. Overall, it was a great time, but not without a few hiccups. The entire bar staff had to be some of the RUDEST and most UNFRIENDLY people in the hospitality industry! So bad in fact, I made a complaint with Guest Services. The Bar Manager was notified and never made time to address our issues. Reminds me of being back at home. They never made an effort to engage with guests.

The dining staff was superb, however and more than made up for the lack of personalities in the bar areas. Our head waiter, DeDe, should have been a comedian! He and his crew of 2 more than made us feel welcome and special. Hats off to these guys, they do an excellent job and represent Carnival Cruise Line well. The staff in the Spa was top notch. Spa services were spot on and worth every single penny. I strongly encourage everyone to try! Our cabin steward was most attentive and also represents Carnival well.

As for the shore excursions, we visited Cozumel, Mexico, Grand Cayman Island and Montego Bay, Jamaica. Great experiences with the exception of Montego Bay, Jamaica. This was a NASTY place to see and most definitely did NOT feel safe there. We elected to shop on this excursion and visited the Craft Market. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS STOP AT ALL!!!! The vendors were beyond pushy and always had to put their hands on us! There were moments I thought we were going to be attacked by the locals in the Craft Market. Horrifying experience to the point I would never visit Jamaica again even if it were free.

The Carnival Dream shop was beautiful and grand. Perhaps a little outdated in decor, but beautiful all the same and everything appeared to be well maintained. There was so much to do on the ship, we didn't get to experience it all. Loads of entertainment and diversified enough for all people.

Disembarkation was not nearly as long as I had anticipated and once we got moving off the ship, it was a very smooth and effortless process through customs and luggage claim.

Dining was very tasty in the main dining areas. I was NOT impressed with any of the buffets. The buffet areas were very disappointing. I HIGHLY recommend the Steakhouse for a dining option. Food was superb, service was impeccable and the overall atmosphere was 5 star. I was impressed that the Chef came out to each table to see if we were enjoying our experience.

Would I cruise again on Carnival? Absolutely! I know it must be a challenge to appease so many people from so many walks of life. My only recommendation for Carnival is to challenge their employees to be more friendly and engaging with their guests.

Publication Date: 05/26/14