“Our worst cruise....ever”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating

The best part of Vikiing is their marketing.

Among the worst problems with our cruise was the rafting up of up to five boats at a location. I did not pay for an interior cabin and looking into another persons bedroom and bathroom is not high on my list of "must sees".

Among the stops were the tiny towns of Dörnstein & Melk. Save your shoe leather and energy ...don't waste your time. An additional day in Vienna or Budapest would have been much better.

The waitstaff was outstanding in their aim to please and friendliness . Food was excellent .

The tour guides were not viking employees and varied from poor to good.

The Mercedes buses were comfortable.

We arrived a day early and had a great visit and few brews at the Hoffbrauhaus in Munich. Skip,the food there. The oompah music and the beer are beyond delightful.

A visit to the Dachau concentration camp, will leave you with an indelible impression of the horrors of the Holocaust.

The boat ( not ship) Legend hs been used beyond its useful life. It is, however, well maintained and spotless.

We have had many years of cruising experience and the Danube Waltz aboard the Viking Legend was the low point of of our adventures.

My comments about our non-functioning toilet will not appear in this review, but the problem was never corrected, despite my daily complaints.

Viking Legend Cruises to Europe River
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

333
Our toilet did not flush properly. We had three of the same heads on our own vessel, MV MARBELLA . We had to use the shower spout to clean the toilet.The hotel manager did not accept my, polite, invitation to see for himself.Sasha Milojnivic , the hotel manager insisted that 'nothing was wrong with our head..By the way, I hold a license as Master Mariner, license 1058845.The next occupant of cabin 333 will have the same issue.
Published 05/26/14
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Viking Legend Review
Viking Legend Cruises to Europe River
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?