Ventura Cruise Review by Whitefield Cruiser: Low Expectations

Low Expectations

Sail Date: May 2014
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

When I booked this cruise I had low expectations and so was not disappointed. The check in was wonderful and not having to claim our luggage on arrival was a real bonus. Transfers and embarkation were smooth and efficient and at this point i was beginning to think that I was wrong to have low expectations. However, my thoughts were soon shattered. As our cabin was not ready we made our way to the Lido deck 15. Having been travelling for some time I needed a comfort break and this is the point where things started to go downhill. The ladies toilet to say the least were dirty and bearing in mind norovirus they were a health hazard and I chose not to use them, my husband said the gents were also dirty.

Our Cabin... on arrival I pleasantly surprised it was roomy with plenty of hanging space, the bathroom was small but this was not an issue and the kettle was a definite bonus. Again I was in for disappointment I opened the cupboard by the dressing table to find hairs in it!!!! not More acceptable and when I ran my fingers over the surfaces there was a layer of dust everywhere.

Food... this was not outstanding and lacked in choice as for the eating area on the Lido deck this was small and cramped. At no one time were all the machines at any of the coffee stations working, and there was no ice for your water. In the evening we ate in Cinamon but we were never asked if the meal was ok or if they could get us anything else, most nights I had to ask for my water glass to be refilled. Ice cream was charged for I did not like this

Shows were on the whole good but the comedian was excellent.

Sunbathing again I was glad I had low expectations only 1 towel per person in the cabin and no towels on deck. I am a swimmer and swim at 7am each morning so before the day started my towel was wet!! Our Cabin steward Gnash did get us extra towels because of this but i did not like the fact I had to ask for this. The sunloungers were packed so close together you need to be a contortionist to get on & off them

The shops were uninspiring and this is the first cruise I have been on and not bought anything from the shops.

Disembarkation this again was a plus as we did not see our cases from when we put them out on the last night until we landed in the UK

On the whole PO you could do better especially in the cleanliness but we would consider sailing with you again Less

Read more Ventura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ventura Review >>

Cabin review: Ventura C409

roomy plenty of hanging space small bathroom partially overlooked balcony good location