“Nice Time on the Grand Princess.”
Cruise review of Grand Princess

trinaM Grand Princess 4 Nice Time on the Grand Princess.
trinaM
Member Since 2004
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This is a quote from HostKat: I think it is how I feel about the cruise.

"Being happy does not mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections."

Embarkation at the Ballentyne Pier-Disorganized, Long lines, Long Wait. Port Staff and Princess staff didn't seem to know answers to questions. Debarkation in Seattle at Pier 91 : the Customs decided to Scan each and everyone's Passport. (which meant Long LINES and standing 1 and 1/2 hours. For the first time I remembered the ships passenger's service desk was requesting that we hold off getting in the long lines.

they said there was a situation in the terminal that was backing up the lines. It was more pleasant to stay a bit on board in one of the lounges, than stand in that extremely long, irritating line.

On board the staff was very pleasant, everyone greeted us. I thought that was wonderful.

This was a very short cruise. One Night. We had a nice lunch in the Dining room which was open.

it was nice to sit and relax with a meal after all the wait.

For dinner, Crown Grill Was good, just not anything that Special. The Steaks were not a good cut. The Lobster tail were some what Overly Salty. Sides were good, (the Mushrooms,Asparagus,Spinach) French Fried Potatoes were pale Not crispy.

Wasn't that it was bad, Just not the quality I expected.

Cabin Steward was great, We had Birthday Surprises for my friend which were very nice. My friend Loved her Birthday Card from the Captain, Special Birthday surprise at the Crown Grill, and Balloons. She said it made her Birthday Special. Way to go Grand Princess!

Most of the Staff that we encountered was in a Pleasant Mood. I loved that.

The movies in the stateroom were nice choices. All in all a pleasant time on board the Grand Princess.

Grand Princess Cruises to the USA
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

A 252
This Cabin has a Good Location. Great if you have need of a Handicap cabin. Everything seemed in good shape. Very comfortable bed. There are a few instances of disrepair in the cabin.(the light switch did not work so well, but it was extremely MINOR issue. Our bathroom was fine, clean and NO mold. (I was hearing of others complaining of mold) We had to call Food Service to remove the alcohol from our complimentary mini bar. I wish there was a way to take care of that ahead of time. I would recommend this cabin.
Published 05/26/14
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Grand Princess Review
Grand Princess Cruises to the USA
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?